Air tubes

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Hello all,

Been a long time since my last post for various reasons. Work is progressing once again on my 240Z and I am looking at other things that need to be done to avoid the car going back for this amount of work for many years to come! One of the first things on my list of required items is a pair of air tubes. Not the plastic bit but the actual steel body part. Mine have been poorly repaired throughout their life and are not really fit to be on the car. Does anybody know where I can acquire these? I've searched the internet today and found nothing yet, thought no harm in asking here.

Many thanks in advance.

Matt

johnymd

Club Member
I've never seen any for sale. They look like they could be structural but I'm not sure. You may be better off recreating sections and repairing yours.

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
I've seen some sold over the years, a pair sold in uk about 6 years ago and a few pairs sold in the US. They're listed in my parts catalogue too. I was lucky enough to find a pair of original Nissan front chassis legs new and I'm hoping the luck didn't peak there. Haha

Mr.F

Inactive
"Air tubes" are really upper chassis rails so are structural. Only 240Z and early 260Z use them to duct air to the cockpit. Late 260Z have the holes at the front of the inner flitch blocked up and no plastic air guides.

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Albrecht has shown exactly what I'm after! I'm sure he's just teasing me with those pictures though....

Mike, you're right, as always. My original parts catalogue has them listed as "reinf hood ledge" or something similar.