4.5l 350Z ?!

No doubt inspired by the highly influential Japanese Tuning scene that seem to have embraced the 350z recently. Engine swaps seem to be very "in" at the moment, just have a look at the photos below (albeit those are from an American show! :D) Looks familiar doesn't it John? ;) It's the VK56DE from the Titan/Armada.

IMG_5142.jpg
IMG_5143.jpg
IMG_5145.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony 260Z said:
So it's fairly rapid then?

:-o
Built for drifting apparently rather than straight line drag, although I heard one company ran a 13.7 with this set-up.

A bit of info (Google is my friend;)): The VK56DE is built in Decherd, TN. Bore is 98 mm and stroke is 92 mm. Output is 305 hp (227 kW) at 4900 RPM with 385 ft.lbf (522 Nm) of torque at 3600 RPM.

Oh, and anyone spotted the "Top Gun" quote yet? Good for at least another 5bhp! ;) :D

If I remember correctly, a missile is bloody fast...

I'm getting confused by all the engine names name, VHQ45 was it? That's the 4.5ltr I presume, then wasn't there an earlier 4.2?? And this says VK56DE, is that a 5.6????

I think we need a nice break down of all Nissan sports/performance engines (both Z and V8) for the tech section ;)

Russ said:
If I remember correctly, a missile is bloody fast...

I'm getting confused by all the engine names name, VHQ45 was it? That's the 4.5ltr I presume, then wasn't there an earlier 4.2?? And this says VK56DE, is that a 5.6????

I think we need a nice break down of all Nissan sports/performance engines (both Z and V8) for the tech section ;)
http://www.freshalloy.com/site/features/tech/engines/home.shtml ;)

And yep, the VK56DE = 5.6l (5552 cc)

Sod the SBC (much as I love looking through the SDPC catalogue every day), I'd like a Nissan v8 please, in 5.6ltr...! :D

Back