350Z Cabriolet

mikecart

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,

I am sure I saw a 350Z Cabriolet on the M4 near Reading today.

I know last time I checked (admittedly a good few months back) the cabrio wasn't available in the UK - nor was it confirmed as going to be made available...

Does anyone know whether the cabrio is/will now be available in the UK?

Mike

Mr.F

Inactive
Any convertibles you see at the moment will be imports. No official announcement from Nissan on U.K. availability yet...........

Geny

Active Forum User
I spoke to Nissan yesterday, they said that it should be available in Autumn 2005 but no confirmed dates are available yet.

Mr.F

Inactive
You can, of course, come and quiz Nissan representatives direct at the csma Historic Weekend at Brands Hatch - Sat / Sun 22nd / 23rd May...............

Tony 260Z

Club Member
I followed a blue 350 cabrio along the M25 and through the dartford tunnel this afternoon. Not sure if he knew what was driving next to him though! Got a couple of pics with my phone and will post 'em as soon as I can (though they'll be very small).

Car was badged as a "Glyn Hopkin Z". Weird eh?

mikecart

Well-Known Forum User
Caught sight of another 350Z Cabriolet at the weekend.... This time it was on the cover of Top Gear Magazine (July 2004).

They are testing it in a £30K Roadsters feature - though they list it at £31,995 and mention that it is not officially available...

They also level a fair bit of criticism at it and favour all the other cars in the test over it (Merc SLK 350, Elise 111R, Audi TT V6 and BMW Z4 3.0)

Mr.F

Inactive
level a fair bit of criticism at it

Possibly because they are testing an import again and not acknowledging that U.K. cars are likely to be significantly improved, as was the case with the coupe.

rich Zed

Forum User
you probably know already (I've not checked any of the other forums) that the 350Z Roadster order book is already open.. again.. like the Coupe, the initial order book was filled.

I think the first official deliveries are around Spring 2005.

expect more to be released later on next year, as per the coupe.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
I had one of the invites a couple of weeks ago to go to the local dealer and place my order!:D....Trouble is I didn't have the deposit let alone the balance!
Cheerz,
JEZ