300ZX Pickup

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
Forgive me for starting another thread, I cannot find the one where the guy wanted to build a pickup out of a 300ZX........

Thought this might be of interest :

http://www.imagestation.com/album/slideshow.html?id=2094101957

Unfortunately you have to start at the beginning of the slideshow but the 300ZX pickup is definitely in there :)

This car is owned by someone who attended the SEZ meeting in the States. A pound to a penny bets that the owner is a frequent member of Hybridz.org .......... might be worth posting, contacting him to get some info or help for your project.

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
ea2f01f5.jpg

DSC02343

chunk

Im not normal
Club Member
Thats not a pick up, looks more like just a convertable with the roof down to me.

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
Maybe it is......... I have never seen a 300ZX convertible :)conf2: ), it just looked like the drawings the guy posted of his project idea.

Still has the Holden looking flat "ute" type back end. Whatever it is, I like it :D

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
ZHead said:
Maybe it is......... I have never seen a 300ZX convertible :)conf2: ), it just looked like the drawings the guy posted of his project idea.

Still has the Holden looking flat "ute" type back end. Whatever it is, I like it :D

Z club member rsj has a silver 300ZX convertible.

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
can anyone in the know confirm whether this is just a standard 300 rag top ??????? Mr F ????

Russ

Club Member
Still gives a view of what a pickup could look like. Might even make a better donor vehicle (despite their higher price).

From the photo doesn't it look like targas should drop in and a bit of glass would fill under the roll bar? Can't imagine a roof folding up over that.

Shunter

Forum User
Russ said:
Still gives a view of what a pickup could look like. Might even make a better donor vehicle (despite their higher price).

From the photo doesn't it look like targas should drop in and a bit of glass would fill under the roll bar? Can't imagine a roof folding up over that.

Roof folds over the top of the lot;)

importfairlady

Well-Known Forum User
cool its like someone's photoshop'd a picture of what i wanted to achieve, thats kinda how i expect my pickup to look when its done with the carbon cover on the rear, thanks for the reassurance the this WILL work Zhead

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
Being a numbskull and not knowing anything at all about 300s, I did not realise that there was a cabriolet :eek: , think it looks fantastic though. Your pickup WILL work and will look the business. Go for it.