280 @ Pod prt 1

Wyn

Club Member
Taken today @ Santa Pod
Beautiful looking Zed that had a lot of interest not only from me, but many many passers by !!

Was nice to talk to the owner/driver who were both more then good enough to take time out to answer all my questions (ok I know nothing about DragZters :D )

Wish them all the best

Pics say it all :cool:

2801.jpg

2804.jpg

2802.jpg

2806.jpg

2807.jpg

280999.jpg

2809.jpg

28099.jpg

prt 2 to follow, short vid that wasn't so good.

Nice one Wyn, you get around everywhere!:D

Great photos! Mr. F will be reminiscing about his RatZ days...

Cheers George

Right place - right time you could say ;)

Was all thanks to me darlin daughter winning us 5 free tickets on a BBC radio contest :D

After that I couldn't resist :)

That sure is a clean lookin car now :cool:

That's mad! Give them the website address and lets sign them up, not sure what we could offer but would be nice to get a banner on the car lol.

Cheers for the pics!

That's a good Win Wyn! Get her to purchase the lottery tickets too! :)

It is extremely clean, but what are those seatbelts on top of the engine? Are they keeping the intake? from falling off?

The pictures are indeed of RatZ, Mr Fs former drag 280ZX. Now of course owned by Mark Watkins(in the pics).
RatZ has been having a winter make over complete with a revised Supercharged motor and Electric Blue paint job.
Mike and myself have already had a couple of sneak preview photos, but now its out for all to see.
No doubt MrF will be able to give us the new spec in more detail soon.

Mark will be more than happy to discuss re-instating the Z Club logo on the car - it has, after all, carried one for fourteen years!

Wow.. doesn't it look good!

('it' or 'she'? Mr F - did the car ever get a gender assigned?)

Straps are I believe to keep the supercharger at ground level in the event of something untoward happening in the engine department :eek:

That car could never be a "she" - always ran far too straight and true. And look at how lightly Mark got off on that incident - if it was a "she" he would have been taken for every penny he never owned...

The straps are mandatory fitment according to NHRA regs, I think. They are there to restrain the blower within the confines of the car in the event of a big backfire. As noted elsewhere, a nitrous explosion is quite capable of dismantling inlet manifolds from heads without he need for spanners (much quicker too). I once saw an air filter casing rocket at least a hundred feet in the air from a "small" nitrous induced explosion while a guy was pit testing (not even on the track or at high rpm) - thankfully didn't hit anyone when it eventually landed! Back in the early days of UK drag racing, I did see a blower like Mark's part company with the car and land in the grass "no man's land" at the side of the track - straps have been required ever since!

Woah madness, there has to be a video of some big blow ups somewhere on the net.

Its funny watching rubbish like "The Fast and the Furious" where they talk of ten second cars, then you look at how much goes into building one of these cars and its overwhelming! Very impressive stuff guys.

Mr.F said:
That car could never be a "she" - always ran far too straight and true. And look at how lightly Mark got off on that incident - if it was a "she" he would have been taken for every penny he never owned...
Isn't that true for all cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate all that "she" business, there's a bloody big difference between a car and a girl.

Back