260z tripple webber fuel system

dazzibazz

Well-Known Forum User
Hi can anyone give me some advise please. Just put tripple 40s on my 260z does anyone know where I can get cheap petrol grrrrrr ha only kidding .I ve also aquired a couple of holley fuel pumps now i know ill only need one but will i need a relay and a fuel pressure regulator and if so what pressure do i run it at. As i havnt received the pumps yet I dont know wether there hi or low pressure any advise from someone whos gone down this path would be good thanks Darren

Hi can anyone give me some advise please. Just put tripple 40s on my 260z does anyone know where I can get cheap petrol grrrrrr ha only kidding .I ve also aquired a couple of holley fuel pumps now i know ill only need one but will i need a relay and a fuel pressure regulator and if so what pressure do i run it at. As i havnt received the pumps yet I dont know wether there hi or low pressure any advise from someone whos gone down this path would be good thanks Darren

Darren: There are three types of Holley pumps, red, blue and black. The red one does not require a regulator in most cases, the other two do. Put a relay in the circuit by all means and wire it from a direct source such as the starter solenoid, if you don't already have the original pump wiring under the rear of your 260. You will need to make sure it can only operate when the engine is running by either switching it thro the ignition or a separate switch. For safety, and as a replacement for the relay, fit an engine oil pressure switch in the circuit which will shut off the supply in the event (God forbid) of an accident. Pressure should be around 4psi.Oh, btw they are noisey so insulate the mounting as much as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darren: There are three types of Holley pumps, red, blue and black. The red one does not require a regulator in most cases, the other two do. Put a relay in the circuit by all means and wire it from a direct source such as the starter solenoid, if you don't already have the original pump wiring under the rear of your 260. You will need to make sure it can only operate when the engine is running by either switching it thro the ignition or a separate switch. For safety, and as a replacement for the relay, fit an engine oil pressure switch in the circuit which will shut off the supply in the event (God forbid) of an accident. Pressure should be around 4psi.Oh, btw they are noisey so insulate the mounting as much as possible.
Thanks nige the pump is a red i think its got a red lable on it in the picture as i said i dont have them yet just trying to sort some bits and pieces out so when i come to start it up im not stuck for the bits did you recieve that money i sent you cheers daz

Thanks nige the pump is a red i think its got a red lable on it in the picture as i said i dont have them yet just trying to sort some bits and pieces out so when i come to start it up im not stuck for the bits did you recieve that money i sent you cheers daz
BTW do you know where i can get a relay kit from im struggling to find one on the net

Relays from both generations of 300ZX make very useful devices for a variety of switching tasks. Blue box versions are the basic single coil single switch type.

Back