240Z wiper motor problem

malcolmpaul

Well-Known Forum User
The wipers on my 240 work fine but don't park. Does anyone know if parts are available to repair the motor, e.g. parking switch, or does anyone have a fully working motor for sale?

i had same problem.i think 240 and 260 take different motors,so try check if you have correct one.mine got fixed at z farm (with a correct used unit i think).

Yes you do, but things that don't work right annoy me and strictly speaking it's an MOT fail although most testers let it go.
Have got some spares from Datsun Dave and will post again when they're fitted

Bought a motor from Datsun Dave and now everything works fine, but apparently a faulty switch can give the same problem. I remember this from some years back when a Capri gave the same problem and it was the switch that was at fault

Fitted the new motor and it all works fine now apart from the motor makes a loud buzzing noise when switched OFF. No noise when it's working, does anyone have any advice on how to cure this?

Fitted the new motor and it all works fine now apart from the motor makes a loud buzzing noise when switched OFF. No noise when it's working, does anyone have any advice on how to cure this?

I should ask for your money back Dave's a reasonable chap.;)

I had the same problem with the buzzing on my 1970 240z. All wiring appeared to be OK, and I tried two different motors. Both had the same problem. ( and both were 240z motors )I fixed it eventually by removing one of the wires to the motor - which left me with with wipers that woudn't self park, but at least no buzzing noise.

I'd be interested if anyone else has seen this and perhaps has a better fix than the one I ended up with.

Tim

Wiper motor problem

TCR240Z; said:
I had the same problem with the buzzing on my 1970 240z. All wiring appeared to be OK, and I tried two different motors. Both had the same problem. ( and both were 240z motors )I fixed it eventually by removing one of the wires to the motor - which left me with with wipers that woudn't self park, but at least no buzzing noise.

I'd be interested if anyone else has seen this and perhaps has a better fix than the one I ended up with.

No self parking was the reason I changed the motor in the first place! Dave has said he will change the motor for me, but if it's something simple it will save a lot of hassle, postage etc

Back