240Z and 260Z springs swapable?

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Hi all,
I've got a set of springs for sale in the classifieds and have been asked what they'll fit. I had (the fronts only) on my '73 240Z so I know they're good for 240Zs, but will they fit 260Z and 2+2s? They're Mr.F. specials btw.

Cheers,
Rob

Rob you have some very tempting bits for sale. :bow:

I hope you are just having a spring clean and not selling your Z next! :mad: ;)

Good luck with the sales.

Thanks George, be tempted!! ;)

Having a partial spring clean and a bit of down turn in the economic situation to deal with, plus most likely getting the house on the market so some major sorting out needs to be done.

The fate of the black one hangs on a thread unfortunately, After stripping her down to pretty much barebones the true state of the chassis has revealed the sort of things you don't want revealed, which is probably why previous owners covered everything up with thick coats of underseal :(

Cheers,
Rob

Drop one of them there adapters in the post to me Dave and I could get a friend of mine to run off as many as you like! :)

Pssst, anyone actually know the answer to the original question? ;)

BTW, feel free to ask me if I've got a certain part you might need, I've got magical boxes with many odd little things in that I haven't a clue what they're for!!

Cheers,
Rob

well i had 260 springs on the front of my Z....but it also had 260 struts....i would imagine they are the same though...think the 260 ones are 130-lb/inch the 240 ones are somewhere around 90 i think

Black Bug said:
Pssst, anyone actually know the answer to the original question? ;)

BTW, feel free to ask me if I've got a certain part you might need, I've got magical boxes with many odd little things in that I haven't a clue what they're for!!

Cheers,
Rob
240 fronts are made of thinner wire so I have put some chopped down 260 ones on the front of mine.

Did you chop them just to lower the car, or was there a height fitment issue? Sounds like diameters must be the same though, so mine should fit 260Zs at least.

Cheers,
Rob

Black Bug said:
Did you chop them just to lower the car, or was there a height fitment issue? Sounds like diameters must be the same though, so mine should fit 260Zs at least.

Cheers,
Rob
My 240 is a Super Samuri & Spike chopped the springs down to lower the cars. As mine was bottoming when I bought it 'coz the suspension was tired I thought I'd uprate it with 260 springs but if they weren't chopped it looked like it was going to take off 'coz 260 springs are stronger 'coz a 260 is heavier. At the back I've got chopped down 260 2+2 springs fitted.
So no they won't be any good for a 260.

Ah, I note Mr.F. sells spring sets specific to 240Z/early ('73/'74) 260Z, late 260Z 2 seater and 260Z 2+2, so I guess that means mine are only suitable for the lightweight cars ;)

Cheers,
Rob

Back