240 exhaust..

Sam_C

Club Member
Good morning class.

I'm looking to replace my 240 exhaust and was looking for recommendations. The downpipe is Ok, a 3-2-1 type of unknown origin, so its from that point backwards.

So..- do I need a centre box like the standard system? Would performance be affected (good or bad) by using just a back box? And would it be too noisy when cruising at normal dual carriageway type speeds?

What about a custom-made stainless exhaust? Any ideas on prices.

And finally - does the whole system run underneath the diff , suspension etc or does it come up and over anything en-route to the back-box?

Discuss!!

Ta, Sam

Sam a janspeed is good also a gds but pricey,that one i have on my 240 is pretty good as it doesnt die once you come out the power band it just keeps pulling unlike the janspeed,only thing i didnt like was it sounded a bit poofy when first fitted but has matured with age as you heard it yourself,

Sam, the exhaust dangles happily underneath everything en-route to the back. Complete pain if you need to get to things above it of course!

If you've got a decent manifold already then I'd suggest going with a decent custom system behind that, stainless so you don't arrive at this same point in a couple of years time.

These guys are vaguely your way (Sheffield), if you can get past all the maxed up Novas outside I understand they're pretty good.
http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/

Cheers,
Rob

Cheers Rob I'll have a peek at those Sheffield boys. I think a bespoke stainless system (bye bye pension) is the way to go .

Status - how much was yours and does it have a centre box?

Anybody got any comments on noise level? The Dragon is used to a noise-free air-conditioned H*nda, don't want her complaining about the noise (of the car that is) when i whisk her away for a weekend of passion. Otherwise I'll have to find another wife, which can be expensive.:)

That's m'boy :)

On my 260 2-seater w/ 2.8 I have a NISMO 6-branch. 1 3/4" primaries into 2 1/2" collectors, then 2 1/2" system with a small cherry-bomb style resonator just behind y-piece (about level with back of seats I guess) and then a straight through back-box (formerly off a 300ZXTT, but it fits and looks good!).

2 1/2" systems tend to boom a lot at about 2500 RPM and the resonator cuts that back a lot.

Tony

Not as flash as it sounds.. A bloke I met in a pub told me they are doing them off the shelf at Mr Value's Kwik-Fit Exhaust, Tyre, Battery and Kwikkie Mini-Mart (open eight till late) in Skipdale for a tenner this weekend only. (fitted) Anybody else fancy one while I'm down there?

Although this is secondhand information I am reliably informed by he who knows that the only manifold to have is the Nismo item which should be fitted with the longest collecter [ Y piece ] possible in the space available. L series engines are apparently susceptible to a big flat spot if the collecter pipe is not long enough. Could this be why the works rally cars had twin exhausts?

Sam,

Have you tried Fourways Engineering, Take a look at their ad in the back of your club mag.
They can supply a full 6 branch stainless job, for about 300, ring them for correct price. They make their own in stainless, and they what they are doing. All in stock too.
Don.

Back