240 260 wiper motors, same ?

Wyn

Club Member
73 240z

I seem to have no park or intermittent wipe on my cars wiper motor

Assuming the motor is at fault, will a 78 260 wiper motor fit a 240, using the 240 linkage?
Any other suggestions to the fault apart from the motor? I take it there is no relay that could case this prob?
Cheers

Earlier 240Z than yours had no intermittent anyway - perhaps someone has retro-fitted an earlier motor?
Plug design is different between 240Z and 260Z, so you would have to work out the splicing of the two together. The motors are compatible in terms of mounting and operation of arms (I think...).

Cheers Mike

Tomorrows job then
doh.gif

I have a spare (260) but really didn’t want to pull it all apart to find they don’t fit.

I’ll check the switch area first, just in case it fix’s this and the headlamps at the same time.
I wish
pray.gif

900ss said:
I have a spare (260 motor) but really didn’t want to pull it all apart to find they don’t fit.
For the record so others don't make the same mishtake, not that you would ;)

I pulled the motor out but still couldn’t get a park or intermittent from the thing.

wipermot2.jpg

I was going to use the spare 260 motor, but that was hanging by comparison and different in various ways, so back to the orginal motor. :unsure:

wipermot1.jpg

So I spent ages messin with the motor and it's control relay/park position switch ,but I still couldn't get it to work, so I tried it back on the car
Then I thought of one last thing to try :)

Bingo lol
dance.gif

I’d noticed a plug adrift under the dash some time before but didn’t know where it should go, so I’d left it be (just in case like) Well I know now it should have been plugged in lol, as that’s where the fault was. :D

plug22.jpg

How was I to know lol.:eek:
Atleast the wipers are all hunky dory parky stopy proper now.
The end :)

Tbh I should be annoyed, esp as I’d spent the day before plus the best part of this morning aswell faffing about with it.
Relief n jubilation would be a better description atm tho :D

The sort of fault that no amount of knowledge and deduction could solve without actually being there with the car!

Back