2 problems possibly related.

300zxmarcus

Well-Known Forum User
2 problems possibly related.
Think i have a faulty det sensor.

Im sure my car is going into saftey mode in all but the Turbo's. I have a boost controller which will take away saftey boost, but ive noticed that after a while the bottom end feels sluggish, seems you need to spool the turbo's for any power, whereas other time (usually when i just get into it) the car feels very responsive. Im guessing the det sensor is kicking in and mucking up the timing, deffo no det, my car used to saftey boost all the time before i installed the boost controller, but never any sounds from the engine. Should I just bypass the sensor? and can anybody do it for me as im crap at anything electrical.

Also problem number 2. My viscous fan seems to kick in way to early, driving along car sounds like a boing 747 being started up and its been pointed out that mu viscous fan is running. Now both my aftermarket water temp guage and stock temp guage show engine is running about about 70 degrees, so i cant see why fan should be kicking up? Could this and the first problem be related? maybe car thinks its hotter than it is and therefor retards itself?

tbh marcus the viscos fan kicking in will cause drag/power loss on the engine,it will be very noticable on lower revs. if it's coming in to early the viscos unit is faulty see if you can try another on there to see if it cures the problem

If the engine is overcooled by a faulty viscous fan then it is possible the lower running temperature is the problem with the power as only lower boost is available until warmed up. Nissan built this in so as to avoid full boost on cold start ups, however if your engine is at a marginal temperature just into the warm zone and then you go faster the extra air over the rad may tip you back to lower boost, seen this a few times but usually when thermostat has been left out.

Jeff TT ( Zedworld )

think the viscous fan is buggered as it makes a whoosh sound even when i first drive it. deffo the an as ive opened the bonnet and reved her and you can see/hear it.

300zxmarcus said:
think the viscous fan is buggered as it makes a whoosh sound even when i first drive it. deffo the an as ive opened the bonnet and reved her and you can see/hear it.
ill check to see if the garage still has my viscous marcus thay should still have it if so its yours for what ever it costs to post if you want it;)

Back