2+2 rarest of them all

evtech

Well-Known Forum User
Guy's n Gal's
Just read the classified ad's and noted Here is the very reluctant sale of my beloved rust free 260z 2 2 (now officially the rarest z)
Is this the case?
How many are registered with the club?
How many on the road?
How many laid up? (mines 1 to start the counting :D ).

Point of order:

I certainly couldn't have called mine rust free up till last month anyhow, latest gallery shows I've made it to primer :) , just got a bit more to do then top coat and bolt it all back together again, planning first event as Loton Park national A hillclimb in June. :cool:

evtech said:
260z 2 2 (now officially the rarest z)
Is this the case?

Don't believe everything you you read in a 'For Sale' advert. There were/are far rarer S30/S31-series Z cars than the 260Z 2+2.........

Recent Department of Transport figures (Sept 2005) listed 39 260Z 2+2 on the road and a further 66 on SORN. For comparison the split for 240Z was 135/83 and 260Z coupe 64/75.
For UK cars I think the advert comment is fair, but as noted "don't believe everything you read" - after all, these figures are generated by our beloved motor-friendly government who would ultimately like to run virtually all of us off the road.

:S30:

also if the car was off the road before the cut off date when the sorn started it never needs to be sorn so state of car is unknown so the information is a guide only i think

spagit147
260z 2+2 (x2 off the road not on a sorn)

Albrecht said:
Don't believe everything you you read in a 'For Sale' advert. There were/are far rarer S30/S31-series Z cars than the 260Z 2+2.........

...er....well its the rarest of the 240 / 260 bundle then...(I'll change the wording now...) I'd believe the rest of the ad as it's actually all true.

Many thanks,Si.

qunvat said:
...er....well its the rarest of the 240 / 260 bundle then...(I'll change the wording now...)

I think you need to make it clear that you are only referring to official UK-market models.

Back