1991 Nissan 300zx (Fairlady Z)

B

BlastyZ

I really need a Service Repair rmanual. Any Body out there know where I can get one. I have stored the car on jacks for the last month and noticed a large rad fluid leak. Is the clear short tube at front fender well on the passenger side where I fill it? we have had -40 weather and it is fairly common for this kind of thing to happen. No problems cruising all summer. Brake fluid found a way out as well. Its from a line at front wheel. But still wondering where the heck the rad fluid is coming from.

I checked out the motor from underneath for the first time and noticed a crossmember that is in the way of the alternator. Is it necessary to pull an engine to access some otherwise simple repairs seeing as everything seems so cramped under the hood. This car is definately a keeper so I am going to have to get acquainted with this power plant. Should be interesting.

To top up the rad you take off the rad cap off and pour in there, there is a small screw on the opposite site which allows the air to escape. Make sure that you put the heater on full blast onto hot and that its pumping out hot air before you put the rad cap back on. Im not sure what you mean by the clear tube on the passenger side (our drivers side). the rads on these cars arnt particually strong as the have plastic ends which rupture and leak.
Looking at this pic of a left hooker i cant see anything on the passenger fender area which you would want to put water in
engine.jpg

As for removing the engine to do simple jobs, a lot can be done with it in especially if you have small hands. Where abouts is the car leaking water front or back of engine, driver or passenger side?

I really need a Service Repair rmanual. Any Body out there know where I can get one. I have stored the car on jacks for the last month and noticed a large rad fluid leak. Is the clear short tube at front fender well on the passenger side where I fill it? we have had -40 weather and it is fairly common for this kind of thing to happen. No problems cruising all summer. Brake fluid found a way out as well. Its from a line at front wheel. But still wondering where the heck the rad fluid is coming from.

I checked out the motor from underneath for the first time and noticed a crossmember that is in the way of the alternator. Is it necessary to pull an engine to access some otherwise simple repairs seeing as everything seems so cramped under the hood. This car is definately a keeper so I am going to have to get acquainted with this power plant. Should be interesting.

Looking at this pic of a left hooker i cant see anything on the passenger fender area which you would want to put water in

A 2+2 will have radiator overflow bottle on the LH side of the car (relative to driving position) and the screen wash top up tube on the RH side. SWB moves the washer bottle and pumps to the rear, so no tube visible. Hence your pic is probably SWB...?

I do think he is on about the Windscreen screenwash top up tube. Albiet its on the Driverside, but there is no Tube on the passenger side

engine_top_down.jpg

Back