1983 280ZX Targa Manual For Sale. SUPERB!

gashead

New Forum User
Don't really want to sell, but wife+baby combination mean I have to.

The car is finished in red and is genuinely amongst the best left on the road (I searched for 3 YEARS before finding it!).

I don't want to go into a long list of all its features, etc, so I'll simply say if you are interested, please e-mail me and I'll tell you all you wish to know (as well as e-mail you some pictures).

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Why not post a few details on the forum...It's a nice looking ZX!
How much are you looking for?
Cheerz,
JEZ

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Is it free??? If not, anyone looking at the pics needs to know a price. Otherwise it will never sell.

gashead

New Forum User
Thanks for the advice! It's for sale at £1995. The car REALLY is a good one. It hasn't been abused or modified (other than a Thatcham-approved immobiliser + 'deadlocks' (cheaper insurance) + Panasonic stereo). Apart from a blister by the petrol cap, there's virtually no rust. It starts first time, every time (even on a day like today, -2 degreesC!). It was registered on 06-05-1983 (one of the last to be made, I believe). The current mileage is approx. 100,800 (but don't let this out you off, I looked at cars with 60,000 miles on them which were totally rotted-out). With the exception of the temperamental boot struts (very minor irritation), EVERYTHING works (including the heater, both e/windows and even the electric aerial!). The MoT runs until mid-April 2004.

Luckily for me, as I'm in Bristol I've had it serviced by Adrian Francis (ZX Club Secretary) who's absolutely brilliant - he also replaced the tie-bar and steering column bushes with 'neoprene' ones (which have considerably tightened-up the 'feel' of the car).

I've got the targa bags (for storage of the targa-tops when removed from the car). In addition, I also have an owner's manual as well as a showroom brochure.

I know everyone says this, but if I had a spare space in my garage, I'd lock it away and get it out when my baby's grown-up! It really does stand-out from the Ford Mundaneo masses..........for all the right reasons!

If you wish to know any more, please post a message on this site / call my mobile (07986-461581) / call my home number (01454-313922).

I GENUINELY WOULD PREFER THIS CAR TO GO TO A GOOD HOME - PLEASE DON'T FORCE ME DOWN THE DREADED 'E-BAY' ROUTE!

gashead

New Forum User
SORRY! THIS CAR HAS NOW BEEN SOLD (TO A GOOD HOME!)

Many thanks for the advice, this site has been my home page for several months, but I've now regrettably left 'The Z-Club Brotherhood'...........temporarily, I hope!:mad: