1970 Fairlady Z 432

datsun dave

Club Member
The 1970 Fairlady PS30 Z432 rear quarter badges does anybody have a close up photo/info about this badge ?.

The car has the rear vents (early car) in the tailgate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ

Club Member
I'm guessing I'm wrong, but they are not the same?

My little 432 model appears to have a normal Z venty one, and a quick google images appear to be the same?

DSC00310.JPG

datsun dave

Club Member
I'm guessing I'm wrong, but they are not the same?

My little 432 model appears to have a normal Z venty one, and a quick google images appear to be the same?

I think that they must be differant as the original 240 early rear quarter badge has 2 mounting holes in the bodywork but the later type 240z badge has 3 (from memory)and used as the air vent and is open as the back.

The ones used on the PS30 Z432 look closed at the back from the photos that i have.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
The early ( unvented ) pillar emblems for the Japanese market were not exclusive to the 432.

They were used on all the Japanese market S30-series Z models ( Fairlady Z, Fairlady Z-L, Fairlady Z432 & Fairlady Z432R ) from launch in late 1969, until the vented pillars were phased in and the tailgates lost the venting system.

After the vented pillars were phased in, all markets ( Domestic & Export ) shared the same vented 'Z' emblems.

Early domestic non-vented pillar emblem part numbers:
*76807-E4100 ORNAMENT-rear quarter ( R.H. )
*76808-E4100 ORNAMENT-rear quarter ( L.H. )

No longer available new, unfortunately. Used ones tend to be expensive / hard to find / slightly bubbly mazak.......

Attachments

• early JDM rear quarter emblem.jpg
    early JDM rear quarter emblem.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 071103 025.jpg
    071103 025.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 39

datsun dave

Club Member
Alan thanks for the pictures as i thought they do not have the cut outs in them and have a solid background.

So i take it they have the 2 pins on the reverse side to fit the early type car ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Yes, two pin mounting. They fit in the same holes as the early 'Export' type '240Z' script emblem.

Good luck finding some good ones.............

Russ

Club Member
Ahh I missed the important part of the topic of EARLY cars, even I knew the actually badge was different on 240z like you said :)

So what would a mint badge be worth? Am I going to be looking into making some new moulds and casting a few batches?? :)

Good luck with the badge Dave

JakTheRuby

Club Member
In forza motorsport on the xbox 360 one of the cars you can buy is the Z432 in orange with black bonnet. As the car models were scanned 3d versions of the real thing (which is why the game is so damned awesome!) I'll have a look and post up some pics. Might be late though! Ironically, I bought one in the game and swapped out the engine for the RB (and then changed the shocks, brakes, running gear and it's the fastest car in the bloody game that you can control with ease). Driving it round Silverstone pretending I'm doing the anniversary parade lap is particularly satisfiying. I have also built a replica of Steve Kiddell's car which I thrap around Suzuka, The Nurburgring and Laguna Seca. AWESOME.

red baron

Well-Known Forum User
hi, i currently have a japenese fairlady z nissan brochure containing 432, 432r, fairlady z, z-l showing beautiful pictures large all specifications including engine pics and all 14 options and body colour sample's the brochure is in japenese and is original and in mint conditon. I am open to offers on this stunning origanal brochure very very rare as stated condition is absolutly mint.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
hi, i currently have a japenese fairlady z nissan brochure containing 432, 432r, fairlady z, z-l showing beautiful pictures large all specifications including engine pics and all 14 options and body colour sample's the brochure is in japenese and is original and in mint conditon. I am open to offers on this stunning origanal brochure very very rare as stated condition is absolutly mint.

Sounds like one of the 'Graphics K.K.' reprints from around ten years ago to me. If the telephone number on the back page starts with the numbers '03' then its a two-thirds size reprint and not a genuine original.

By the way, some time ago on this forum ( in fact a loooooooong time ago ) you mentioned that you had just bought a genuine Fairlady 240ZG from auction in Japan, and were in the process of importing it. All quiet since then. Current status?

:)

datsun dave

Club Member
Yes, two pin mounting. They fit in the same holes as the early 'Export' type '240Z' script emblem.

Good luck finding some good ones.............

Again thanks for the info Alan so looking at my old 240Z script emblems and the pin position i take it take the early domestic non vented emblems are around the size of the bonnet badge ?

red baron

Well-Known Forum User
The brochure is 300 times 250 if this helps. I still have the 240zg still stored in Japan did not purchase it from auction sourced private have nowhere to park this car due to benfit cheat neighbour complaining to the council who got on my case sent me a letter stating i could only have one car on my drive the current benfit cheat has four on his drive and two on the road regular. I have damaged one of my car trying to get out current sueing the council for abuse along with the benfit cheat.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Again thanks for the info Alan so looking at my old 240Z script emblems and the pin position i take it take the early domestic non vented emblems are around the size of the bonnet badge ?

They are bigger diameter, and flatter. Don't forget they are handed too - which the Japanese market bonnet emblems are not.

red baron said:
The brochure is 300 times 250 if this helps.

That's a 'Graphics K.K.' repro.

red baron said:
I still have the 240zg still stored in Japan did not purchase it from auction sourced private have nowhere to park this car due to benfit cheat neighbour complaining to the council...........

From personal experience, storage of a car in Japan can cost far more than storage in the UK. You would also have to contend with the cost of keeping up the licensing ( unless it has already been de-registered? ) up to the point of export documentation being prepared...........

For some reason I'm having trouble believing your story. You originally posted that you had bought this car back in January 2007. So you paid "£15,000" for a classic car in Japan, and you have been "storing" it there for over 20 months because of a parking dispute with your neighbour?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ............... :unsure:

datsun dave

Club Member
They are bigger diameter, and flatter. Don't forget they are handed too - which the Japanese market bonnet emblems are not.
:unsure:

Do they have the part number on the reverse side ?.

Or how do you tell the differance between the sides ?.

I was only using the bonett badge as a size.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
The emblems are marked on the back, either with the first half of the part number ( which identifies the handing ) or 'L' or 'R' marks, or both - depending on what year / month they were made.

The originals were chromed & painted 'pot metal' / Mazak, but there were later spare parts made from injection-moulded plastic - again chromed & painted. There have been privately cast replicas made in the past too.........

datsun dave

Club Member
The emblems are marked on the back, either with the first half of the part number ( which identifies the handing ) or 'L' or 'R' marks, or both - depending on what year / month they were made.

The originals were chromed & painted 'pot metal' / Mazak, but there were later spare parts made from injection-moulded plastic - again chromed & painted. There have been privately cast replicas made in the past too.........

Thanks

So i am looking for rare parts then.

The replicas units are they available ?.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Yes, quite difficult to find even in Japan. I think I was lucky to find a good pair after what seemed like ages of looking.

The replicas were - I believe - a small private project some years ago, and you will be lucky to find a pair of them too.

Keep looking. You might get lucky.

datsun dave

Club Member
Yes, quite difficult to find even in Japan. I think I was lucky to find a good pair after what seemed like ages of looking.

The replicas were - I believe - a small private project some years ago, and you will be lucky to find a pair of them too.

Keep looking. You might get lucky.

Will be keeping my eyes wide open then, if you do here/see any please let me know.

Thanks again.

red baron

Well-Known Forum User
yes dispute is on going the paperwork is here police are involed cant say to much but he will be in the papers brian baker has seen photos of said car in japan