19`s on 300zx

parmenter

Well-Known Forum User
Hi all what is the general feeling of putting 19 in rims on a 300zx i am looking to purchase some & not sure which to go for any help ?????:Z32:

Well Im a bit of a newbie as far as :Z32: are concerned, but mine sits on 18" Azevs which have to have 40 profile fronts and 35 rears. That aint a lot of sidewall, which makes the ride well....firm.
If you went to 19s you will prob need 30 profile tyres!! On the Santa Monica Boulevard maybeeee.. but on our roads well... not for me thanks.
IMHO

I've got 18" BBS LM on mine, and they improved the handling hugely. I think they're just right.
The only person I know who went from 18 to 19 was Johnny at GPS and he thought it ruined it. Can't say why, but he warned me off them

I reckon 19s are a little too big. Ive seen a SWB with 19s and they just looked too big. Heard bad things about the ride quality to.

18s every time. ;)

I'd go 18s, I had 17s on my 306 and they were 205/40 profile and that was too low a profile imho. I bent the rims a bit due to it and also they had a habit of folding over when you went into a corner a bit hard. Also I bet the 19s are heavier and that'll increase the unsprung weight etc etc... 18s will still look huge :)

Hi,
You're talking Second mortgage when you come to replace the tyres too!:D....At least 18s are fairly common and available.
Cheerz,
JEZ

Its a small world in the land of Zeds. Mr RSJs 19s look absolutely awesome. I have a picture of them as well in my Gallery section.

mr-torquer said:
Its a small world in the land of Zeds. Mr RSJs 19s look absolutely awesome. I have a picture of them as well in my Gallery section.
Hi "Wak"! Nice to hear from you:cool:
Thanks for the vote on the 19's too!:D
The biggest problem is findin' the right pressures for the car & me!:(

Ah Ha RSJ Im a bit slow to catch on here, but Ive just seen the photo of your motor,
I didnt realize that you have a split identity(like me) Rag Top Rob ;) ;)

rsj, what a wicked looking motor! iv'e sat her looking at it and pondering how i could make it even better. only two things if you dont mind me saying..(talk about balls ...lol) much bigger discs and loose the door handles!

i must admit that is one nice car! well done.

grolls said:
rsj, what a wicked looking motor! iv'e sat her looking at it and pondering how i could make it even better. only two things if you dont mind me saying..(talk about balls ...lol) much bigger discs and loose the door handles!

i must admit that is one nice car! well done.
Cheers! Grolls. ;)
Search for bigger discs is on but not sure about the door handles tho' :unsure:

I guess its all about taste im sat on 19's too but not all wheels suite

mine also rides fine yes firm but arnt sports cars surposed to be?

check out the members gallary look for Dusty

Back