19 Inch Rims On A 300zx??

shadowman

Well-Known Forum User
Hi guys

Just wanna know if it is possible to get away with a set of 19 inch rims on a 300ZX? I was going to stick with a set of 18's but just curious as to whether a set of 19's would look better.

Course, I'd be concerned with not increasing the ground clearance too much if I went for a set of 19's. I want to try and preserve the clearance I have already with my stock wheels. I have been advised to go for 18's (8.5 for the fronts and 9.5 in the rear) with the below tyre sizes:

235/40/18 for the fronts
265/35/18 for the rear.

With the 18's and above tyre sizes this would only raise my car by about half an inch but I am told the car will appear lower because of the larger wheel diameter. What would be the ideal setup for a set of 19's, assuming I can get them under the arches?! :D

It would be great if anyone had some info/advice and photos so I can get an idea of what to go for and to see what a 300ZX would look like with 19 inch shoes fitted.

Thanks guys

Legrath

Well-Known Forum User
There are serveral Z32's running 19". You should be able to retain near total circumference with :

235/35/19
265/30/19

The cars ride height will not be affected.

Tyre cost will substantially increase and Ride quality will suffer though!

jimmer

Well-Known Forum User
hi shadowman,
look for a website in the usa by a company called tirerack.you can select a z32 picture then run through the wheels and put them on the car to get an idea how they look.check out the prices in dollars and you realise how much were ripped off in
blighty!!!

shadowman

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Jimmer!

Found the website! Can only find a short wheel base image for the 300 but it will do fine. Got a much clearer picture now of what it would look like.

Thanks again m8 :D

Chris

BazzaJG

Forum User
Hi Shadowman, I have 19s on my Zed, no problems at all. The sizes that Legrath mentioned above. I did lower the car after the wheels, as it does look a little high on the stock suspension.

Barry.

friday

Well-Known Forum User
I've just switched to 19" Trafficstar STM rims myself with no problems. Although, as has already been mentioned, the price for tyres doesn't 'arf increase! :eek: Worth it though...;):D