Retro Cars Brands Hatch

johnymd

Club Member
I've just booked another track session at Brands Hatch. It's an evening session and also a Retro Cars meeting/track evening. May be worth having a Zed gathering at the same time? It's not far away on Wednesday 1st June. Hope to see a few of you there.

johnymd

Club Member
I will be there around 3:30 for signing on. Track time is from 5:30 to 8:00. Retro car parking is on the outside of the track but you can walk to the pit garages to find me. Be good to see you Tony. Bringing the brown zed?

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Hi John, sadly not.... the brown one isn't ready yet. Even more sadly, I can't get along at all - hopefully next time!

johnymd

Club Member
The track eventually developed a dryish line so I could have a bit of fun. Turnout was pretty poor so not a lot to look at due to the weather. I was pleased wit the way the car handled and performed. Oil temperature reached a maximum of 110'c and the water temperature hit a maximum of 106'c which was the coolest its ever run.

I'll upload a video tomorrow.

johnymd

Club Member
Just watched the only video I got and I'm happy wit the lap times considering the conditions. All the clear laps were 60 or 61 seconds. I wasn't pushing as there were too many wet sections so I think I could shave at least a few seconds off each lap. The car is certainly much more drivable with the current amount of power as its all usable. This is probably due to a number of things such as: new R888R's, correct pressures(22psi cold), suspension settings, plus the more linear power delivery from the new ecu. All in all its a great package on the track. It even felt good when the track was covered in water at the start of the session.

johnymd

Club Member
I don't know Paul and I'm probably not going to pay for another RR session to find out. I'll go to Santa pod and check my terminal speeds. This will give an accurate idea. I may go to north Weald this Sunday and calculate my terminals to see if it's higher than a few weeks ago.

240z

Club Member
Good to hear it is behaving itself at least! looking forward to the video - gives me some inspiration!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
John, I watched the video and was very impressed with your fast smooth driving - you've come a long way from the earlier videos. :thumbs:

Those Fords were fast, you should have edited it before they overtook you. :D