260Z Taillight Panel and Tailight chrome trim

Ian

Club Member
Been looking for a tail light panel and the chrome trim for a 260Z for a while now with no luck.

Does anyone know where I can find these parts?

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Been looking for a tail light panel and the chrome trim for a 260Z for a while now with no luck.

Does anyone know where I can find these parts?

Im not surprised by your lack of success.
Like most current discerning S30 owners you will no doubt be looking for nice condition undamaged parts.
Parts for 260zs are now generally hard to find. Particularly good quality ones.
Plastic items like this were never designed to last 40 years in the first place.
The plastic goes brittle The little screws holding the assembly rust and removal is impossible or breaks the plastic.
The chromed plastic tarnishes and getting it redone properly is expensive and difficult to find anyone interested in doing such a small one off job.
The situation is further complicated by subtle differences in design between 2 seater and 2+2

status

Well-Known Forum User
Pete is spot on,I had some for sale,re-chrome,was asking wot they cost to get my money back but the the usual time wasters won't pay the money,now sold to a very nice man with a very nice Zed

Ian

Club Member
Im not surprised by your lack of success.
Like most current discerning S30 owners you will no doubt be looking for nice condition undamaged parts.
Parts for 260zs are now generally hard to find. Particularly good quality ones.
Plastic items like this were never designed to last 40 years in the first place.
The plastic goes brittle The little screws holding the assembly rust and removal is impossible or breaks the plastic.
The chromed plastic tarnishes and getting it redone properly is expensive and difficult to find anyone interested in doing such a small one off job.
The situation is further complicated by subtle differences in design between 2 seater and 2+2
Exactly

My chrome light trim is unbroken but tatty, I have a found a company to re-chrome it however they say there is a chance it may not work so I don't want to risk my current ones, I want unbroken ones, cosmetic condition doesn't matter s they will be re-chromed anyway.

Tail light panels are also ok but I have an idea I want to try with them but I'm not willing to try it on my own so I want a spare set.

Both are proving impossible to find unbroken. Theres a newly chromed set in America but they would cost about over £360 by the time I got them, don't think its worth that.

status

Well-Known Forum User
That's wot they cost with the postage,it's one of the things that let a good 260z down ,not sure if you know but the process is called vacuum plating,,I sent mine to the states cos as you said no one here would touch them

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
A set of complete 2+2 lights sold on Ebay recently for £123.00

I "may" have a set but I need to establish whether they are allocated to a job/car before I can confirm their availability.

Ian

Club Member
Just after the chrome surround for the lights and the plastic tail light panels. Think I have the chrome surrounds sorted so just need the panels. If you have these I'm definitely interested.

Also looking for a good condition R200 Diff cover if anyone viewing this knows of one.

johnymd

Club Member
I've got a brand new diff cover with the Nissan part sticker still on it. No idea what it's worth so open to offers.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Piece of junk Johny, you won't shift it. So I'll I offer you £1 + £10 postage. Deal?

Ian

Club Member
I've got a brand new diff cover with the Nissan part sticker still on it. No idea what it's worth so open to offers.
You offered me this a while back when I first put a wanted add up, but you didn't reply to my messages, you must have forgot and then I forgot to chase it up. You were to check if it has the drain and fill bungs or not, if it does I'll probably take it.

My fill bung is jammed and damaged so the choice is to fit a new cover or try and find a new bung and butcher the old one, possibly weld a length of metal onto it?

Ian

Club Member
Not getting any reply from Red Baron, does anyone else have the rear panels in the chance that he hasn't been able to find them or something.

DonMuscles

Well-Known Forum User
804841b09c1c3d4bb828a1b682c5a349.jpg

The light clusters are not for sale but the chrome trim surrounds are if you need them.

Also have a jdm drivers side rear light cluster for sale as a spare if anyone needs one.

Thanks.