260Z 2 seater

Stevie P

Well-Known Forum User
Just around the corner to me in Ongar.

I know this company and they have some quality cars.

Steve

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Yes, seems a lot of money for a LHD but looks a nice original car. Again, what someone asks and what someone pays are never the same two things but good to see that 260s are now fetching good money.

johnymd

Club Member
Its funny how the public perceive ours car and their values. I was talking to a guy a Santa pod on Saturday who is looking at buying a z at the moment. He asked if mine was a 260 or 240. When I said 240, he remarked, Shame as 260's seam to be going for a lot of money now and are rarer.

He been quote over 40k from a well known UK z company to restore a LHD car he was thinking of bringing over.

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Its funny how the public perceive ours car and their values. I was talking to a guy a Santa pod on Saturday who is looking at buying a z at the moment. He asked if mine was a 260 or 240. When I said 240, he remarked, Shame as 260's seam to be going for a lot of money now and are rarer.

He been quote over 40k from a well known UK z company to restore a LHD car he was thinking of bringing over.

Even though I own a 260, I still feel the 240s should go for slightly more as they are the origin of the species - just don't think there should be that much between them.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Even though I own a 260, I still feel the 240s should go for slightly more as they are the origin of the species....

S30-S, S30, PS30, PS30-SB, HS30-U, HS30, HLS30-U and HLS30 are "the origin of the species", and even they have their own sub-variants.

All were conceived, designed, engineered and productionised at the same time. All share their DNA, and all share design concessions. Put simply, they were as they were because they all came into existence together as a family of sub variants in the S30-series Z model range. Like octuplets.

The terms '240Z' and '260Z' mean little on their own. What 240Z? What market? what sub variant? What production date? What 260Z? etc etc.

I think this is the kind of thing that (interested) first-gen Z owners really ought to talk about more.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Wee Frennnch 'ave dez hacheellesstrentes an' we f*rt in yor jenerale deerexion u inglish - yor mother was a hampstur and yor faather smeltt ov eldurburys...

240Z, 260Z - pah - silly !