zed thing
steven lack

zed thing

pic taken by sean dezart in france
seems your a little obssessed with the word not ! so as last info given to me was by the person who took the photo , and has not been amended by them for me to change and i am not a zed historian i shall amend info to say replica if that is suitable?let me know asap and ill change it.
many thanks

Sorry - due to some sort of software glitch, I can't see my own comments - although I CAN see yours...... I was trying to give a proper explanation but my comments simply disappeared from my screen!

Just to sum up, the 75 & 76 Le Mans car was destroyed in the 1976 crash that sadly claimed the life of entrant and driver Andre Haller.
This particular car was one of Andre Haller's personal road cars, and was never involved in the Le Mans races.
In actual fact, the famous Le Mans car was an ex-Works Nissan factory circuit race car from Japan ( not an ex-Works rally car, even though it used the Japanese 'carnet' registration number of an ex-Works rally car...... ).
This silver car belongs to a gentleman called M. Bourgoin, who has been telling people that it is the Le Mans car - but it most certainly is NOT ( my fave word, sorry! ).
I don't think its even close enough to be called a 'replica'...... it doesn't have any of the right type of parts on it and it doesn't even look similar. Its not even RHD.
Sorry to sound so negative, but the owner shouldn't be claiming what he is claiming - its bad karma. Poor Andre Haller is no longer around to tell the true story........

Media information

Category
Spectator photos
Added by
steven lack
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Share this media

Back