Zep

Club Member
Wow... are these still on someones 240 & 260 :cool:
Dean

Attachments

• Zed plates.jpg
    Zed plates.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 149
240z now transfered to Mark Bukowski's 240 used to be on Margeret Bukowska's 240 now owned by blackbug

260z was sold on off the car I believe reading some where car used to be owned by a guy called Graham Miller and split from the car but Mr F might know if it went to another Z

think the photos were taken at the Phoniex at Hartney Whitney but again Mr F would confirmas his Chevy 240 was pictured there as well
Are the photos from James Moris's Super profile book

Correct they are from the James Morris book.

Mike's car is is on the same page, looking very nice,

240Z would look nice on Zep alright.

Had a quick look a blackbug's gallery, car looks great,

I though l'd posted Mike's car from the book. 2nd try.

Attachments

• Chevy V8.jpg
    Chevy V8.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 121
Got sold on

remember Rob Henshaw used to own it and it had a big sccop on the bonnet but Mike would know where it is now
was a picture of it when rob had it at a xmas meal meat in Essex when I first joined the club

Can't say i like the big scoop at all, much prefer how Mike had it with the subtle air vents instead and what's happened to the lights??

Thanks for posting that Colin.

Mike's nice, scoop poop..

Colin, is that a scan or did have a digi in '88. I thought l was an early digi user starting in '96.

Scanned off 35mm neg.

I still only have a digi compact and use film for Motorsports stuff.

Digital is now good enough in terms of quality and nearly there in terms of shutter lag/ focus speed, but at a price.

Will probably make the jump in the next year or so.

Ok V8 in it's natural habitat with Rob H at the wheel

Attachments

• Zv8SPB.jpg
    Zv8SPB.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 108
Memories - please remember this was 1983 - 1989 that I owned the car before you start with taste and implementation criticism.
The Chevy engined 240 went from being a road car that might go drag racing occasionally to a road car that went drag racing a lot to a drag car that went on the road occasionally to a race car only. Built by me (and a few associates at the time), modified to the snorkel scoop (very functional) by me, ran some ten second quarters, bought by Rob Henshaw to terrorise the Essex streets, did a season in a Custom Car Challenge, owned by Ken at (then) ZXtra (now ZXS) who never used it at all, sold to Dean Bottriell who painted it orange and yellow and renamed it "JapCrap" (in BIG bamboo style letters down both sides), campaigned in a couple of drag race seasons, ran some tens again, came back to me to be sold to someone in Birmingham who converted it back to full road spec eventually (after entering several burn-out competitions at Street Rod and Custom shows (like the early Donny shows). I believe the car was offered for sale again recently (I spoke to the owners briefly - they didn't know it was mine and weren't Z Club members) and now lost track.
Certainly it doesn't have much remaining of the original - various engine changes and, I understand, rear axle changes, reversion to stock interior, different number plate etc. mean that I might find it hard to recognise these days!

I saw it in a burnout compo at the NASC Nats a few years ago. Was shocked to find out it had been Mikes!

Awesome burnout tho' :)

Ok Mike more memories.... remember this one?

(and it's still on topic as the second car in is 24 OZ)

Attachments

• ZenfieldB.jpg
    ZenfieldB.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 84
Yep it was indeed Enfield Steve.

30/5/88 according to the date on pic, and IIRC my first visit there-ended up with a boot full of tools mags etc from the enormous auto jumble.

Regards the 260z reg, I spotted it and took a photo (I think) a good few yrs ago of it very near home, and it was on a Porsche 928.

Cheers
Ian

Ian Patmore said:
Regards the 260z reg, I spotted it and took a photo (I think) a good few yrs ago of it very near home, and it was on a Porsche 928.

Cheers
Ian
What a waste :mad:

At least 240z has a proper match :)

Back