Z33 V. Porsche Cayman !

More horsepower, possibly less weight, claimed better acceleration (0.7 seconds faster to 60) and unlimited top speed (171 vs 155 electronically limited) - but presumerably not in the same class moneywise? The website tactfully does not seem to mention price.

Gotta be their reply to the 350 after it's whupped the Boxster though and I don't just mean on price !

Do Porsche need to be competing on price though? It's my guess they will get rid of all the Caymans that they forecast to sell.

With the limited number of 350z's coming to the uk, I don't think it will bother Porsche.

From my point of view, the reason I bought a 350 is for it's fantastic value for money and it still is relatively rare. Why would I pay 10-15K more for a car that will be 10-a-penny?!!!

A lot of people will though, just because of the name!!

Dave

Yeh the Cayman will be quicker (maybe, I don't know), but then it'll be trumped again by the next 350z.

Russ said:
Yeh the Cayman will be quicker (maybe, I don't know), but then it'll be trumped again by the next 350z.
When you say the next 350z are you referring to the 2006 update, Russ?

That is getting the 300bhp GT4 engine, which won't exactly move the performance forward significantly.

Dave.

with the change you get from buying our car, stick an APS TT to it and say bye bye to 911's nevermind gaymans ;)

Or a Stillen blower ;)

Sorry I wasn't too aware of the 2006 update, I was thinking more along the lines of the Skyline engine rumours and such. That sounds pretty exciting.

dav350z said:
Do Porsche need to be competing on price though? It's my guess they will get rid of all the Caymans that they forecast to sell.

With the limited number of 350z's coming to the uk, I don't think it will bother Porsche.

From my point of view, the reason I bought a 350 is for it's fantastic value for money and it still is relatively rare. Why would I pay 10-15K more for a car that will be 10-a-penny?!!!

A lot of people will though, just because of the name!!

Dave
Absolutely spot on - I concur ! But the 350Z carries on the 240Z (stateside) tradition of fantastic value for money - if only Nissan could sell 1000s, in 20 years time we'll be able to pick 'em up for next to nothing - the Porkers will all be dead !

A 450Z ? We'll see !

SeanDezart said:
Absolutely spot on - I concur ! But the 350Z carries on the 240Z (stateside) tradition of fantastic value for money - if only Nissan could sell 1000s, in 20 years time we'll be able to pick 'em up for next to nothing - the Porkers will all be dead !

A 450Z ? We'll see !

you do know that the 350Z in the US reaches easily over 20000 cars already on the road, right? It's been the US best selling sportscar for the first couple of years since it came out...

In the Uk alone, there's at least over 4000 350Z on the roads...

Makes me a snob then with my rare S30 :)

20,000 in the US since 2003 - still has some way to go to beat the 136,000 240s sold in 3 years ! They must be buying more 4x4s these days and less sports-cars !

TheMinel said:
you do know that the 350Z in the US reaches easily over 20000 cars already on the road, right? It's been the US best selling sportscar for the first couple of years since it came out...QUOTE]

If the 20,000 is an estimate (yes please, find out - it would be nice to know), I assume that your second statement is true ?

just found out ball park figures in the US are way higher..... ~ 70K units and I'm being conservative

Back