Z31 Kouki - 2 Seater Turbo - Projekt

MCMLXXXV

Well-Known Forum User
Easy guys,

well recently I had been looking for a nice Z31, thanks to Mike(Mr F.), I am now a proud owner of a 2 seater Z31 which I have been told is quite rare

picked it up not too long ago, progress is a bit slow cause I need to sell my MK1 Golf to start funding the beast

this is how it was when I picked up, paint was pretty battered

Z31SWB.jpg

Z31SWB1.jpg

Z31SWB6.jpg

Z31SWB5.jpg

then my mate came over with his handy ppolishing and detailing gear, we got the clays out and started the work

Z310004.jpg

Z310005.jpg

Z310007.jpg

end result is that it looks lots and lots better! although doing a paint resto on the bonnet and bumper revealed lots of cracks in the paint, but the car atleast looks acceptable from 10 feet away lol

rest of the car came out surpisingly amazing, front bumper and the bonnet does need a respray, preferably I wanna replace the front bumper but dunno how easy it is to find a replacement US bumper, UK one will fit fine, but the US one has the smooth recess

in the night pics didnt come out well, in the day should show up much better, will get some more soon

Z310003.jpg

Z310012.jpg

Z310011.jpg

MCMLXXXV

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks guys, some updates :)

finally after on and off working on the car for a few days, removed the struts which were a mission!! <_<

they are finally off using all kinda sh*t and home made 17mm 30" spanner :lol:

front struts being removed so can be sent off to Gaz for coilovers

anyways pics as follows, my mate Adam workin on the car whilst I took pics........ and supervised :lol: :rolleyes:

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

laptop isnt there for some re-map lol, reading through internet tutorial guide :)

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

and I must say all thanks to my home made 17mm spanner stuck inside a 30" adjustable hoover pipe :lol:

DSC_0049.jpg

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
Breaker bars for the win. I often have problems like that. Fortunatly I have found that the handle for my trolley jack is just the right size to fit over the handle of my ratchet spanner.

MCMLXXXV

Well-Known Forum User
I tried the breaker bar dude, but because the nuts had a shallow head, and the angle was funny, so as soon as I put pressure on, the socket would slip off and round off the nut bit by bit, the spanner's teeth end had a nice grip :D

just posted the front struts to Gaz for them to be made into Coilovers

rears should be straight forward.... I think

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
Fair play. Good bodge.

Wish the rears were as easy as my Cavalier. Jack it up. Undo the lower bolts on the shock absorbers. Pull the springs out. Install is the reverse.

MCMLXXXV

Well-Known Forum User
you guys must be using a 3+ tonne trolley jack lol

I have a 2 tonne, handle is skinny :(

so are the rear removal easy or complicated?

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
Failing that I also use a 6' pipe thats almost as thick as a scaffold pole. Very useful on hub nuts :D

MCMLXXXV

Well-Known Forum User
A little update

few things I got through the post, should be goin on the car on saturday ;) :D

new Electro/De-fog heated side mirror, its quite stupidly expensive through the dealers

Ebay ftw! ^_^

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

ANDDDDDD................. :D

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

these are just fronts ones they custom made, but cause the car is back of the garage, gonna send the rear ones after I put these on and swing the car around :D

gonna fit these bad boys on Saturday B) and wheels should be coming soon too :D

MCMLXXXV

Well-Known Forum User
I like the heated wing mirrors. Might consider some of those for mine when I get the cash.

in that cold frosty morning when reversing the car out the garage it does makes it easier without the frost and condensation lol

its £250 from the dealers :eek:

got it for £40-ish delivered from US and didnt have to pay import tax either :thumbs:

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
in that cold frosty morning when reversing the car out the garage it does makes it easier without the frost and condensation lol

its £250 from the dealers :eek:

got it for £40-ish delivered from US and didnt have to pay import tax either :thumbs:

You got a link to the site?

MCMLXXXV

Well-Known Forum User
Sh*t - hurry up and finish the rear struts.....:eek:

no rush dude, still have 6 months left on the agreement so not leaving anytime soon lol

plus I own a bungalow but tenants are living there, that has a hugeeee garage and drive so most likely move back there as I'm married now lol :thumbs:

these were my old cars there

HPIM0462.jpg

HPIM0239.jpg