Windscreen wiper arms

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
I have a 1978 two-seater 260Z. Can anyone tell me - were the wiper arms (and wiper blades) originally black or silver on this car?

My wiper arms are black (and the wiper blades are black as most are that you buy in the shops these days). But I was wondering if this was originally the case or not. Anyone (Albrecht?) know?

Am going for silver, as I can't rem mine ever being black, but then its been modified since 1978 lol

Wiper Arms and Blades

Wiper blades and arms (along with the nuts that fix the arms to the spindles) from 08/76 on are finished in black.

IMO go with whatever looks correct. On an original looking car I'd go with the silver. If you've blacked out the bumpers and other trim then go with black.

Mine have always bin black,late 260,have a silver set for sale if anyone is trying to make their car original looking

Well I have got an original brochure from the mid 70s for the 260Z (both two seater and 2+2 models). The front cover has a picture of a two-seater the same burgundy colour as mine which has black windscreen wipers but, confusingly, the rear cover has a picture of a silver 2+2 with stainless steel wipers. So either it was different between the two models or maybe they varied the colour depending on the colour of the car?

Attachments

• IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0392.JPG
    IMG_0392.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Irrespective of what colour/type was original, i think just go with personal taste

IMHO black if you have darker paintwork and for cars with blackened brightwork,
and stainless for the lighter colours

Both seem to 'fit' on these cars so either or :D

Irrespective of what colour/type was original, i think just go with personal taste

Agreed!

Well I have got an original brochure from the mid 70s for the 260Z (both two seater and 2+2 models). The front cover has a picture of a two-seater the same burgundy colour as mine which has black windscreen wipers but, confusingly, the rear cover has a picture of a silver 2+2 with stainless steel wipers. So either it was different between the two models or maybe they varied the colour depending on the colour of the car?

Early 260z's (2 seater & 2+2) did have stainless steel wipers (I owned them both in the mid 70's). The Burgundy 260z in the image is a late car. I can't ever recall black wipers as a home market option? Odd :unsure:

Nah, OEM S30 stainless always look better because they look less 'Halfords' specials - in effect they date the car as classic and not Youngtimer. 280ZXs look better with black....S30s with s-steel imho.:thumbs:

Back