Weller and the Jam...

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
qunvat said:
I'm pretty coool too our kid......and pay myself as well....as a musician i always and have always been asked to play at charity gigs and to 'do it for nothing' ...cos 'you enjoy it dont you' ....etc etc .....I've done so many things for nothing so far in my life and these days it gets right on my nerves if I'm expected to do a freebie for anyone. Well perhaps they can pay my rent instead that week?...or my leccie bill?...am playing a charity do at a very prestigious hotel next week...£500 a very good payer for a charity gig..its about bloody time too!

I think the way you put it came accross badly thats why so many people jumped on it....dont be stubborn now (see, i'm coming accross wrong now!!) just see how it could'ave offended people, whom without giving their free time there would be no zclub or forum. Simple.

Like me you run your own bussiness so do the sums and see wots left over after the magazine production etc...I used to work for a few mags and believe me thats where most / all of the subs go. (£20 x how many members per year)

I'm gonna shut up now as my hangover is kicking in and unless i hook in some work, i wont be able to put food on the table this week!.......

Si
I know you are Si... and I respect your measured responses and excellent posts here... I didn't think you were a mod though? :)

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
qunvat said:
O my god a mod?!!. i was a punk come new waver in me day but not a mod!.though i did go see the Jam once... they were brill!!

Si (see, i lightened up the thread!)
Wellers on up here soon... Just around the time of my birthday! I hope someones been getting the hints I've been leaving all over the place and gets me tickets! :)

*goes to find Jam CDs* :)

Terry B G

Well-Known Forum User
Markp.com said:
Wellers on up here soon... Just around the time of my birthday! I hope someones been getting the hints I've been leaving all over the place and gets me tickets! :)

*goes to find Jam CDs* :)
I'll get you your CD's for a fee!!! (and yes I do work for myself)

qunvat

Well-Known Forum User
Weller's friggin top mate..wot a bloke......played with a Weller impersonator a few months ago....God it took me back!..I was knackered after 3 songs!...

Si

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
qunvat said:
Weller's friggin top mate..wot a bloke......played with a Weller impersonator a few months ago....God it took me back!..I was knackered after 3 songs!...

Si
He's the man alright... still going strong after all these years! And almost looking the same! :)