Well done to Zclub! Japfest II

chunk

Im not normal
Club Member
Suzy, Derek, Chris etc etc

You did us proud yet again at Japfest II!!

Excellent stand and top quality day both on track (well lol) and in and around the paddocks!

But what happened to all you fast drivers out there???????

I was in a stock (ish) R32Gtst 2000cc Single turbo AUTO on stock boost and the only other car that got by me was MickeyB and thats just because i pulled over to let him pass LOL.

But in all honesty, most of you managed to drive your cars home, I didnt :D It didnt like the constant boucing off the 8000 revs limiter in 2/3rd gears whilst pulling some of the best drifts ive ever done.

So thats 2 Zeds and a Skyline off the road now :( LMAO!

Anywhooooo, great day, great fun, great company!

See you at Japshow Finale next weekend!

Rich

daves_new_zx

Well-Known Forum User
Yep great day, met a few new and old faces today, and my 280 project could even be up and running again ;)

Right, I've sorted some pics out at last...........
Firstly I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to both my son Michael and daughter Rebecca, who did most of the photographs today (as I had the camcorder in my hands)

DSCF0066.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

Michael's (and some of mine) >>> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v378/daves_new_zx/Japfest2_06/
Rebecca's pics >>>> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v378/daves_new_zx/Japfest2_06/Becks_Japfest/

And one that I didn't want to upload to photobucket, in case it resized it even smaller......
It's not the best photo stitch I've done, but then the angle wasn't really all that good either.

The SkyLineUp
attachment.php

**EDIT** As this is the ZClub, a lot of my pics were of the 240/260 brigade today, but I've not reized all of them, so if you don't see your 240/260 and want to know if I caught it, just give me a shout. I have the full size (2+meg) pics of all of these (except the ones Becks took, which are only 1 meg) and the others not posted, so if anyone wants a copy of a pic of their own car, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do. :D

Attachments

• SkyLineUp.jpg
    SkyLineUp.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:

chunk

Im not normal
Club Member
As said on t'other board..............

Hey Dave,

Can you personally thank Michael and Rebecca for me for taking the pics of Mickeys and my skyline's

What a great day i had, gotta be teh best of the season i think, even thou i had a couple of mechanical probs.

Rich

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
I was in a stock (ish) R32Gtst 2000cc Single turbo AUTO on stock boost and the only other car that got by me was MickeyB and thats just because i pulled over to let him pass LOL.

Eh????:conf2:
thats not quite how it was from Micky,s passenger seat. LOl:rolleyes:
Firstly he had to back off cos we couldnt get past yer fat a**se . Then we almost came to a standstill as you NEARLY lost it!!:eek:
Then finally we managed to find a way by!!;)
Then we left you for dead:bow: as you proceeded to kill of yer mota!!:devil:
See you in the Astra next weekend then?????;) ;)

chunk

Im not normal
Club Member
pmac said:
Eh????:conf2:
thats not quite how it was from Micky,s passenger seat. LOl:rolleyes:
Firstly he had to back off cos we couldnt get past yer fat a**se . Then we almost came to a standstill as you NEARLY lost it!!:eek:
Then finally we managed to find a way by!!;)
Then we left you for dead:bow: as you proceeded to kill of yer mota!!:devil:
See you in the Astra next weekend then?????;) ;)

LMAO, Nearly lost it?? When!! My name isnt Tweaky, Madhammser, Zulley or Chris yer know :D

I'll let you know, mickey is running 500cc more than me, ~3psi more than me and has a manual box :p

So there Grandad! :D

And nope, I'll be in the NA next weekend, only unless a miricle happens and one of the 3 potential buyers actually buys it LOL

Rich

Russ

Club Member
Nice photos :) Looks like a good day.

Zs are such good looking cars, and the liners of course :)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes thanks again for a good meeting! Fantastic turnout of most models of Datsun/Nissan.

The two Z Club sessions were difficult. Too much 'traffic' in the first one and the second was incredibly slippery due to dampness, mud and oil!

Steve Francis seemed to be out on track nearly all day. Geoff Gale had a few sessions too. In our slippery session they apparently did some synchronised 'overshooting' at the chicane. Bloodyhell it was slippery at that chicane.

Great event Suzy I'll send you some video's on disc.

Just to add that we were really lucky with the weather, I live about 30mins away from Donington and the rain today is absolutely torrential.

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Great weekend and fantastic Hotel, Thanks Suzy.
Thanks Derek for having the club shop there.
It was great to see so many of our friends and it was a brilliant turn out of cars.
Even though Nick's 240 came home on the back of an AA truck, and his wasn't the only one either.

Arkwright

Inactive
pleased to see you got home ok, hope Geoff has too and the Z31 (don't know his name) Good day for the recovery men!

importfairlady

Well-Known Forum User
great day, got loads of pics and video though it'll take me a week to sort them out, will burn a few discs and take them to the pod next sunday if anyone wants one

chunk

Im not normal
Club Member
importfairlady said:
great day, got loads of pics and video though it'll take me a week to sort them out, will burn a few discs and take them to the pod next sunday if anyone wants one

Ohhh i'll take one Steve :D

Good to see yer yesterday aswell mate!

Rich

importfairlady

Well-Known Forum User
no probs, so thats 2 then? will speak to bantumbunny to try and flip that in car video aswell. plus some vid of the m1 trip, lotta fun with a rex!

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
More photos and videos please! :) If anyone needs help getting them online let me know :)

R

rapidrabbit

Will these video's be posted here on the site as it would be great to see them!

Z31TURBO

Well-Known Forum User
got home fine cheers derek thanks to a lot of help from pmac for the spare mike & matt for the relay of part back to track steve for getting his hand in places i could'nt & loan of tools from paul & 2 chaps that i dont know there names but wont forget.when your at a track 6.30pm with a broken car you know who your friends are. thanks alot chaps i owe you one.see you @ the pod sunday

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Brilliant day, thanks to Derek, Michelle, Handel, Anne and everyone who made it such a great day.

Cheers for posting the photos Dave – we particularly like the ones with a certain Mr F sitting above the track casting an eye over proceedings!

Steve, can we put our names down for a CD, see you next Sunday.

Shame to see a few mechanical problems, hope you are all back on the road soon.
We had great fun with the V8, including a small pirouette and bit of snaking down the straight! See you at the pod next weekend

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
V8inaspin.jpg

Damm there is even evidence of the small pirouette, for the record Chris was driving at the time:rolleyes: