Turbo diesel ! - Z31 ?

Hi yes I saw this last night nice rims though, shame about the Diesel engine!!!!
Scary, Shame to have gone to all that work and not fitted a V8 or something interesting. good on fuel though..
Nick

Hi,
What a horrible combination!...125bhp diesel!:eek:!!....Now if it had been a BMW V8 Diesel engine!:D
Someone might buy it for the wheels and leather if cheap enough though!
Cheerz,
JEZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Your all forgetting what diesel engines are good for. NOS!!! You could probably get it back to the 170 BHP mark.

I cant imagine why they did that convertion... I'm intreeged... might email them.
I like the vented bonnet.

DR1VER said:
Your all forgetting what diesel engines are good for. NOS!!! You could probably get it back to the 170 BHP mark.
Hi,
170bhp is hardly going to blow your socks off in an already heavy car with an even heavier diesel engine though!
Cheerz,
JEZ

Besides NOS will ruin the fuel economy you saved going to diesel, and only lasts for a few seconds at a time. I'd stick with the original and suffer the fuel bill....

.....or just stick the NOS into the VG30

"Hi,
170bhp is hardly going to blow your socks off in an already heavy car with an even heavier diesel engine though!
Cheerz,
JEZ"

What about all those 'poor' N/A Z31s out there then ?

Doesn't this car belong in hybridz ?

you'd have the economy of no NOS when cruising, but it'd be there as a back up so you dont get embaressed at the lights. And 170 bhp aint too bad.

DR1VER said:
you'd have the economy of no NOS when cruising, but it'd be there as a back up so you dont get embaressed at the lights. And 170 bhp aint too bad.
Hi,
A bit like the Z31 Turbo model!....Drive around town or cruise with a light foot and it's just like a normally aspirated car!....It's only when you put your foot down that you get some positive boost and it takes off!...Drive lightly and it's reasonably economical too!

170bhp isn't really much nowadays, especially in the heavy Z31!....the diesel engine would make it even heavier! :eek:
Cheerz,
JEZ

I dunno why i'm defending it, I hate Diesels!! Unless its the VW 5.0 V10 in the Tourag which feels like a turbo charged bungalow!

This car is great for someone who loves the styling of the Z31, wants to drive it every day and has a long commute. So what it doesnt have huge power, have another car for that.

In this repsect it seems rather sensible to have a diesel engine transplant.

Apparently its the same engine that powers london black taxis. Its only 125 bhp by the way not 170 bhp. Have you spotted the bulge in the bonnet where the engine has been crammed in? I dont know what to make of it........is it good for the Z image or what - what would JC think!

I know how you feel. I put in a bid the last time it was on - just for the wheels of course (500 pounds) - honest. But I keep getting tempted. Lucky so and so, but it looks as though he will sell it for more than what he bought it for.

I could do with a something to carry all the Z Club show gear around - long distances, cost effective, 2+2 loads of room..............
SOME ONE STOP ME!!!!!

parmenter said:
Must say it is an interesting car would like to see an engine pic though

Look no further than the sellers current Ebay ad then! Intercooler on top of engine hence bonnet bulge. 120ish bhp is a bit lame for a 2.7TDi, 205lbft torque though - according to Parkers - should make for reasonable progress but lack of revs probably a hinderance for 1/4milers ;)

Cheers,
Rob

Back