the pod rocked

importfairlady

Well-Known Forum User
how cool was the pod this weekend then! how did we all do then? big thanks to mike, suzy, bantum etc etc for helping put it together..

heres that pic for you mike.. as you know i haven't photoshopped this its an actual still from the video of my run.

run2.jpg

Mr.F

Inactive
I think the clue is in the intensity of the smoke blowing across the terminal beam area and the fact that you read that time before you reached the line!
Still a good photo though - enjoy blagging down the pub...

chunk

Im not normal
Club Member
Jimijitsu said:
where did you go chunk I saw you once from a distance and then you disappeared :confused:

Hey Jimi,

Yeah, i was gonna come over and say hello, but i got dragged away to the drift arena :)

Pete, yeah PMSL thats more likely :)

Tis a cracking photo thou. I hope you still have the un-edited version. :)

See yer all soon

Rich

importfairlady

Well-Known Forum User
it's not been edited dude, something must have blown through the timing gate thingy... dunno what happened but i expect to be eating out on this for a while. bantums got my number to chunk so if you wanna get your hands on the in car vid then grab it off him and i'll send you a cd up, i'll include this run vid too...

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Thats not smoke by the way, its the Scotch mist....that normally proceeds the flying pigs.....Still its good to dream ehh

importfairlady

Well-Known Forum User
lol, look what appears to have happened is that some debris has blown past the end beam a fraction of a second before i hit the 1/8th of a mile marker! big mr.F told me that this occasionally happens. so the video my misses took shows the time appearing on the board about 6 seconds before i finished my run..... which was approx 15. something.. but it did mean that i ended up with a timing slip that says i did 1/4 mile in 8.933 then reversed for 1.5 seconds to pass the 1/8 mile marker at 10.024 seconds... whatever actually happened to their equipment is unknown but i have now framed the pic with the timing slip which looks cool... plus the only time i'd expect to see it in the mag would be in the CRAZY funny look what crazyness funny lol haha bit that unfortunatly the mag doesn't have. although the pic is real and untampered with, its just a freak incident.

but hell i bet their aren't any other zed owners out their with a better real pic... if you have post it for us all to see..

Arkwright

Inactive
then lighten up a bit and print it. Let's have a bit of fun in it. It's even good enough for the front cover!

importfairlady

Well-Known Forum User
lol now that would be funny. ok derek check this out.. here are both of the grabs that i have from the video of my run (which was actual approx mid 15) the first shows me about a second from the line with the time already displayed, the second is the one i initally posted, so you see i haven't tampered with the pics, just taken advantage of a freak incident

run1.jpg

plus front cover would be funny as,

run2.jpg

cooool huh

Arkwright

Inactive
perhaps if you listed all the parts of your car which are constructed from carbon fibre then you may get a mention!

In view of the nature of the pics we may infer that ' the camera doesn't lie' the said 'list' may help to confirm the story for the benefit of those skeptics who obviously doubt the validity of your picture.

(i must learn how to work these smiley thingys).

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
(i must learn how to work these smiley thingys).

Yes you must, otherwise some posts could be construed as a little caustic;)

Derek, anyone that goes to the pod on a REGULAR basis knows that these sorts of times are a fluke so rest assured, it is all taken with a pinch of salt.;) . I thought the picture was excellent but quit harping on about including it in the mag as it will loose all impact when it does.

perhaps if you listed all the parts of your car which are constructed from carbon fibre then you may get a mention!

OOOOOOOOooooooooooooo meow :p

Arkwright

Inactive
thanks Mark but ignorace is bliss and will hopefully keep me out of too much trouble with the die hard perfect drag people.