Sprint 240Z

260ZG

Club Member
A little teaser for you.

Any ideas Who where and when?

I will post more details later ...

IMG_9365A.JPG

Pic was taken on 30/5/2010 so not John Rich Sean

There is a clue in the previous pic that was up of the 370Z being used as Safety 1 ( and yes there was also a Safety 2) which was taken at the same place.

colin shipway the palace
Sorry could not be there this year. need to retire soon so I can have a life

Venue correct Ben, but not unfortunately me driving-I was busy working.

Car was driven by Jill Russell and had just come back from DJs.

Also had parts supplied by Mike F I did suggest that they really ought to join the club......

Was a good event with a varied mix of cars-Tesla Electric roadsters, Smart car, Astons, Ferraris and a 1903 Humber to name a few.

We got the approvals rather later than we would have liked which left preparation time a bit short but now we have the thirty eight tons of Armco and the £17,000 worth of new tarmac next year should be better.

I was going to get in touch Ben, but it was a bit late and it clashed with Gurston. Maybe next year?

As an aside for Ben:- Andy Webber with the Black and Gold Elan +2 who runs at Gurston on occasion was there ( no surprise as his missus was entry sec) in it's new paintwork-and spun near the finish missing the tyres by inches-what is it about fresh paintwork :)

Another DJ car ?

I think it had just had some engine work Sean, not sure exactly what.

Don't think they have done any other events in it-they also had a Jag special there IIRC, entered as VSCC/Sevenoaks

Be interesting to see if they enter next years event and if it has been tided up -paintwork was a little tired.

At least it sounded better than the Tesla!

They were weird, the only noise being the squeal from the tyres, and the acceleration was quite impressive.

I think it had just had some engine work Sean, not sure exactly what.
;) That's what he does !

Seen the Tesla over here - about as exciting as Diesels winning the 24Hrs.

I can only think of them (Teslas) as great publicity for the Joe Dough city electric cars which are bound to follow and really make the manufacturers some money !

Back