SCD Video on an MZR Datsun

Dale

Club Member
I do love those cars and appreciate the level or design that goes into them. They really are stunning.

As an S30 owner, it was nice that the vast majority of the chap’s description of what he enjoyed about the experience of his car was, well, just describing any S30. I suppose a positive that the MZR cars have retained what’s most important about these cars despite the level of changes to them.

However..

With the ‘full carbon body’ as well as everything else, this to me just has a bit of a ‘Trigger’s Broom’ feel about it. It is registered as a 1972 Datsun 240Z, but what is left on that car that is 52 years old? Q. Are the alterations radical?

Ian

Club Member
He said 'full carbon body'....................................... No wonder he took it out in the snow!
That doesn't include the chassis though.

But it reality these cars are so well sealed now its as well protected as a modern car. Still won't be taking mine out in bad weather though.

With the ‘full carbon body’ as well as everything else, this to me just has a bit of a ‘Trigger’s Broom’ feel about it. It is registered as a 1972 Datsun 240Z, but what is left on that car that is 52 years old?
I would say who cares, but thats just me. The style is still there, the interior style is also very close to oem style overall, it still has a carbed L series and similar drivechain.

The changes are large, but it still looks like and will still feel like an S30. So to me the changes are less radical than one with a silly bodykit or V8 swap (nothing against V8 swaps, but they do take it further away from original by loosing a straight 6)

That doesn't include the chassis though.

But it reality these cars are so well sealed now its as well protected as a modern car. Still won't be taking mine out in bad weather though.

I would say who cares, but thats just me. The style is still there, the interior style is also very close to oem style overall, it still has a carbed L series and similar drivechain.

The changes are large, but it still looks like and will still feel like an S30. So to me the changes are less radical than one with a silly bodykit or V8 swap (nothing against V8 swaps, but they do take it further away from original by loosing a straight 6)

It does as the body is the chassis?

Ian

Club Member
All of the underside remains metal, as does the main roof frame, and all the front end under the panels, pretty much anything structural, therefore, it can all still rust in the areas that normally do so.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I do like the cars and they still sound like my cars have. Prefer an original dash and smaller front spoiler.