RHD Throttle pedal query

dav118118

Club Member
Hi there,

I have a 260+2 RHD car and I'm converting back to SU type carbs from a triple weber set up. Ive managed to source the throttle rod linkages back to the bulkhead but when I went to remove the cable linkage for the webers I noticed there isn't any ball joint on the throttle pedal bar inside the footwell to allow the small ball jointed linkage to connect to.

I have tried to find an image on this forum and generally on the internet to see how it should look but to no avail (every thing I have seen in any detail is for a LHD car, to which differs)

Can anyone shed some light on this or have any photos in the depths of their footwell as I may need to fabricate something or find a replacement throttle pedal

Thanks, Luke

Am I seeing things or does the diagram of the main throttle / choke control show the throttle lever handle on the choke cables and the choke lever handle on the throttle cable?

Thanks Albrecht,

Looks like the top of my current throttle pedal (the bit with the kinked ball to receive the linkage through the bulkhead) has been cut off and adapted to receive a cable block!

Is there any chance that someone can take a photo of their set up within the footwell as I feel I would need to fabricate something to replicate what should be there?

It would be most helpful. Dimensions etc from the support bush up to the ball joint (item 5 on the diagram) would also be very helpful

Luke

Thinking outside the box, why don't you run your SU's via a cable set up? It's been done and gives better pedal feel...

What webers are you taking off? 40s or 45s? I know someone who's looking for a set of 45s to refurbish.

Datsfun,

I haven't seen a cable set up on SU's, I did check and it would seem that it would have to be a make shift sort of affair. I ve got all of the linkage sections so was hoping to bring it back to standard.

Jonbills,

The webers I have taken off are the Italian 45's. The car was originally set up for track use by the previous owner but run fine. They have only just come off the car so haven't been standing for any length of time and could simply sit straight on the next car ready for tuning.

I'm happy to sell them but wanted to get the original set up correct and running before posting them on here. By all means pass my contact on.

Datsfun,

I haven't seen a cable set up on SU's, I did check and it would seem that it would have to be a make shift sort of affair. I ve got all of the linkage sections so was hoping to bring it back to standard.

I converted mine quite easily, will take a picture and share. Took all t slop and play associated with used rod linkage set up.

Also sent you PM :)

Cheers

i do have a spare one iwill look for you it has both cable and normal pedal connection going to hostpital tomorrow see if i can find it

Hi,

See attached photographs. This is what you are requiring.

Thanks,

Phil

:thumbs:

Attachments

• IMG_4830.JPG
    IMG_4830.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4831.JPG
    IMG_4831.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
Hi Phil,

Yes that's exactly what I'm after. Min has definatly been cut off. Are you willing to pArt with it? If so how much are you looking for. Does the pedal rubber go with it?

Just a quick one, does the steering column need to come out to remove / replace the pedal? I cannot see any way in which it will come out otherwise.
Luke

Datsfun,

That's a neat set up. Is that a bolt on throttle slide or something you have fabricated? It looks like it goes over the original ball on the throttle shaft. I guess it would solve a lot of problems!

Luke

Datsfun,

That's a neat set up. Is that a bolt on throttle slide or something you have fabricated? It looks like it goes over the original ball on the throttle shaft. I guess it would solve a lot of problems!

Luke

Bolt on jobbie, universal fitment which comes in 2 sizes IIRC for 8mm and 10mm shafts. Commonly used in Japan and that's where I got min from. Only bit that needed fabrication was the lever to bolt outer cable onto. My mechanical skills are limited but even I managed to do the conversion in a few hours :)

hi dave put your name on it yes all in picture is yours linkage is mounted on two brackets either side of stphileering shaft 4ten milli bolts is just at bottom of shaft send me your adress and i will post to you phil

Back