Restoration on Aluminum Watanabe 2 Piece Wheels RS-8s

Robbie J

Club Member
OK I got carried away and bought some Aluminum Watanabe 2 Piece Wheels RS8's for the DR30 off Yahoo

1696871832038.png

The intention was to put flares on the DR30 but the Fronts don't need them and the arch's have been rolled already now I have the car it's not needed

3 look straight but one is a little rough...
1696872089393.png

looks like they have been gouged a bit on a tyre machine as well. To use them on the DR30 without the stretch look. I think I need the wider 8-inch ones reduced by 1/2 inch. to 7.5inch. They are so light

1696872248308.png1696872317315.png

Any suggestions for somewhere that would do this in the UK?

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I think that might a struggle to find anywhere to do them as that is a folded lip.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Place in Gillingham Kent does all that,can’t think of the name but I’ll come back to yer if I remember

status

Well-Known Forum User
Think it is ,very good at wot they do,hour away from me,probably going to send a set off of one of my scoobies to be done although they aren’t scuffed but could do with a refresh

Robbie J

Club Member
thanks It looks like I have options, not sure about the folded lip but would be interested if Lepsons can fix.

these can do new barrels www.srrhardware.com waiting for a cost

Looks like another guy in the UK has changed the barrels on his RS8 on a DR30 as well

1697188300944.jpeg

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Did I miss something ? You have a DR30 ?

With 8x16 wheels, which ET fit best please ?

Is it 'worth' (performance wise) having staggered wheels - if so what is the widest one can go without flares, please ?

Robbie J

Club Member
Did I miss something ? You have a DR30 ?

With 8x16 wheels, which ET fit best please ?

Is it 'worth' (performance wise) having staggered wheels - if so what is the widest one can go without flares, please ?
they are staggered 7inch +26 rear 8inch +38. The arch's are already rolled we found out... fun with old cars