R.I.P.S street 240z runs 9.065, 8s await update

RIPS NZ

Forum User
The goal of a fully streetable 9 second 240z run on fully treaded street tyres was acheived at our first proper meeting 5th Jan 2008 with an off the trailer 9.2 and a best on the day of 9.065 @ 151mph backed up with a 9.07 @ 152mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnMDkDE2-Mo

This is well ahead of where we thought we'd be at this very early stage and obviously here at R.I.P.S we are all over the moon.

I'd like to thank Avon, Dean, Jason, Paul, my Mrs (who says I love the car more than her
biggrin.gif
) My Dad, Ed and the boys who gave a hand at the strip, couldn't have done it without you.
icon14.gif

We won every race that day, loaded up and headed home with smiles from ear to ear.

Now we are in the position of chasing 8s far earlier than we could have dreamed of, we've had the 240 on the hoist, checked her over and all is well, only 2 very small changes will be made, both of which 'should' see a good improvement next time out.

Thanks for everyones support and kind comments during the build process and here's hoping the old 240 does us proud,

Rob

congrats to Rob and team R.I.P.S NZ that was a very good time. Hope to see you at Taupo Track day in feb
Reddel300

Just viewed complete thread on NZ forum, bloody amazing. Best of luck Rob and all at R.I.P.S. Better make a good job of building Dave's RB26 then!
Mark.

congrats to Rob and team R.I.P.S NZ that was a very good time. Hope to see you at Taupo Track day in feb
Reddel300
Now that would be amazing if you did Rob. Hehe, the RIPS 240z might deal to the quick LS1 Supercharged 240z, somehow I think. ;);)

Reddel we'll look forward to seeing you again this year over in NZ. I hope you've already booked your accommodation in Taupo, as there is another major event on the same weekend the Zeds decent upon Taupo. ;)

Back