One Former Keeper

richiep

Club Member
It makes for a nice story, but IMO, doesn't outweigh the fact the car looks f***ed. Did you see the rust holes throught the inner wing near the battery area? And the bumper mounting points have pulled out? All bolt on panels look rough. Blast that shell and I bet there would be little left...

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
It makes for a nice story, but IMO, doesn't outweigh the fact the car looks f***ed. Did you see the rust holes throught the inner wing near the battery area? And the bumper mounting points have pulled out? All bolt on panels look rough. Blast that shell and I bet there would be little left...

Yep been watching this with interest to see how much folks are prepared to pay for a rusty RHD car compared to the two LHD cars.

Yep been watching this with interest to see how much folks are prepared to pay for a rusty RHD car compared to the two LHD cars.

Yes, its 100% bonkers isn't it.

Its a well known fact that a black hole will form in your belly button if you drive a LHD car in the UK.

Its also strange that people can't see past the end of their nose to the huge market in Europe for these things.

richiep

Club Member
There's a third LHD 240z on now too, 10.5k BIN. Looks very nice.

People seem to lose the plot where RHD UK cars are concerned. The best thing that could be done with that red car is put it out its misery and break for RHD donor parts - but the price is surpassing a sensible point for that. Meanwhile, the LHD silver 71 car continues to sit on there. It has its issues (some rust and rogue cooling fan damage) that make for more of a project than many Cali cars (I know, as I've seen it), but it's still a world away from totally rotted UK basket cases...

tel240z

Club Member
There's a third LHD 240z on now too, 10.5k BIN. Looks very nice.

People seem to lose the plot where RHD UK cars are concerned. The best thing that could be done with that red car is put it out its misery and break for RHD donor parts - but the price is surpassing a sensible point for that. Meanwhile, the LHD silver 71 car continues to sit on there. It has its issues (some rust and rogue cooling fan damage) that make for more of a project than many Cali cars (I know, as I've seen it), but it's still a world away from totally rotted UK basket cases...

If it was closer I could have ben tempted as a daily driver (I must be mad)

but its official prices are on the up and winters just round the corner

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Datsun-260z-/281486394086?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4189e582e6

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator

richiep

Club Member
I meant the 5k silver one rob

It's a long way off daily driver status Terry. It will make a good car, and it still tempts me, but the list of jobs (quite a few significant rust repairs, i.e. needs floors, battery area, plus others, holed inner wing and split bonnet from fan breaking loose, no brakes, cracked screen, etc, etc) is relatively long for a Cali car.

I felt that I might be better holding out for something costing a bit more but requiring less work on the shell to get it to the level I like.

Still, might cave in and panic buy if the prices keep going up! :eek: ;) I came close.

tel240z

Club Member
It's a long way off daily driver status Terry. It will make a good car, and it still tempts me, but the list of jobs (quite a few significant rust repairs, i.e. needs floors, battery area, plus others, holed inner wing and split bonnet from fan breaking loose, no brakes, cracked screen, etc, etc) is relatively long for a Cali car.

I felt that I might be better holding out for something costing a bit more but requiring less work on the shell to get it to the level I like.

Still, might cave in and panic buy if the prices keep going up! :eek: ;) I came close.
Yes but if the price was nearer £4250 imo looking at the other 2 cars it would be a steel for me to play with in the corner of the garage

jaydeescuba

Well-Known Forum User
Just wanted to say that the orange one that was in Edinburgh has been found to be a long lost Super Samuri. Confirmed and authenticated by Spike Anderson.