Nissan paint codes

andrew muir

Club Member
I never thought it would be so hard to decide on a new colour for my car.
For those you don't know i have a wine red/burgundy pearl paint colour just now.
Unfortunately I don't know what colour it is and can't find the same colour.
So I am changing the colour very slightly.
Does anyone have or know the following coloured cars.
Nissan Burgandy AH2 1987 300zx
Nissan Sunset Red pearl AD4 2001
Nissan Burn Cherry pearl AX0 2001

I quite like the peugeot Diabblo red pearl or (rouge lucifer)

Any opinions??

:thumbs:

Attachments

• P1000638b.JPG
    P1000638b.JPG
    358.3 KB · Views: 17
the Zed in the piccy ,colour code 911,there are 2 shades of this colour,same code,not a lot of people know that

Do body shops not have a machine similar to the ones in B&Q that cross matches a sample and then replicates the colour.
If not some bright spark should invent one for car paints.

Hi
Using the ratdat website i can only see that the 911 code is a green, did you mean 611 which is a dark (marroon metalic I think the same as riddlers car, which is quite different from mine or do you mean 926 or 930.
I did know that my car was BMW calypso red at one point but the colour I have now is slightly darker and has a more maroon tint.
I would like to use an older nissan colours Ibut finding car colours I like and getting codes is difficult.
The new Juke colour is not wine red pearl is not bad but a little bit too brown for my liking.
Many thanks
Andrew

Think i might have put the 6 up side down and as for mixing colours a good painter would have learnt how to match colours when they done their apprenticeships many years ago,

Do body shops not have a machine similar to the ones in B&Q that cross matches a sample and then replicates the colour.
If not some bright spark should invent one for car paints.

some do but it is not 100% we use one with PPG but it does not measure metallic or pearl very well it is mainly for picking the best variant of colour

Rouge lucifer is ok but Peugeot LKR Babylone red is nicer but it is a 3 stage pearl but I think Dupont do a 2 stage version

I know I can have the paint colour matched but would prefer an off the shelf colour which will be easier to touch up or reapair in future.
The babylone red looks a bit to light (bright red) would prefer something darker. The trouble with the old Nissan colours is that there is really no way to see one on a car.:unsure:
Thanks
Andrew

Hi
Using the ratdat website i can only see that the 911 code is a green, did you mean 611 which is a dark (marroon metalic I think the same as riddlers car, which is quite different from mine or do you mean 926 or 930.
I did know that my car was BMW calypso red at one point but the colour I have now is slightly darker and has a more maroon tint.
I would like to use an older nissan colours Ibut finding car colours I like and getting codes is difficult.
The new Juke colour is not wine red pearl is not bad but a little bit too brown for my liking.
Many thanks
Andrew

You are quite right, Andrew - my car is code 611. When I had to have a small job done on it, a local company mixed the paint very accurately for me. I could probably find their number if you decided you wanted it.

Hi Andrew
"I never thought it would be so hard to decide on a new colour for my car."
I can totally sympathise with you mate, I'm going through the same dilema. The body shop I'm using are asking me what colour to paint the first phase of my shell. (interior, engine bay and under floor) Although I intend to keep the car totally standard, I do want to change the colour. I want it silver but don't like the Nissan 901 silver (it looks like the modern pale "creamy" silvers on most new cars today). Anyway now I seem to spend all my time staring at traffic ques, car parks, car show rooms and peoples drive ways looking for the exact colour, then when I find it I'm to scared to pick it in case it won't look right on the car Arrrgggghhhh, Current favorite is a Honda colour called Storm Silver, I like the darker silvers heading towards gray or graphite.
When you buy a new car you have limited choice on colour, when you can have any colour you want it drives you nuts...
Paul

Yes too much choice is sometimes a bad thing.
I ve been doing much the same going round garaages etc with my inspection flap to compare colours on car.
I found a Fiat yesterday which was pretty close Marranello Red (mica). Even took the wife to see!:unsure:
I think the 260z 2+2 suits darker colours better. I have about 1-2 weeks to make my mind up.
I shall be painting the underneath and inner wings of my car with stone chip with a satin black on top.

Andrew are you painting the car yourself? Personally I'm not a fan of painting the underseal black as it always reminds me of those cars that have been covered in thick underseal to hide stuff, I know this isn't the case with yours. The body shop doing mine mixes the paint with the new type of underseal available, it doesn't have to go on thick, is hard wearing and leaves a nice finish, They showed me a Mk1 Mexico and a Dolly Sprint using the same process, looks really nice.

Hot pink all the way. Then if you ever sell your car you can advertise it as 'a real head-turner'

I always like the dark red that Nissan did the 200sx in. It seems quite close to the Fiat colour?

02.jpg

Back