New to the classic Z world

Onlyady

Active Forum User
Afternoon.

I have just purchased a uk 1978 260z that has been stood up dry for years and requires a restoration so will probably be annoying you all with silly questions. I already have some so if you dont mind helping that would be great.

Firstly I will require to modify/ lower the suspension at some point what kits are available would like a coilover bolt on kit any ideas best places to buy.

Body wise besides lots of welding i want to fit the deep front valance who does a good vented one? Arch flares zg style but wider, obviously countless ebay special universal ones but any recommendations?

Many thanks

Adrian

Onlyady

Active Forum User
Also do I need to be a paid up member to see all the classifieds to buy parts and sell what I don't need.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Also do I need to be a paid up member to see all the classifieds to buy parts and sell what I don't need.

Not strictly but it works a lot better if you are (Website Users have limitations). But join anyway it's only £15 :thumbs:

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I would get all the bodywork done first before thinking about modifying the suspension as body and paint work will proberly be the most expensive part of your restoration.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Wot part of cambridge are you,might be able to help you out,also being a member has some good points if you are after something urgent but also has its downsides to paid up members who have missed out on selling to non members due to the silly 7 day rule,there is also the classic Z register that caters for Zeds and not zx's,correct me if im wrong somebody,say no more,Mjp can get most parts and mike is one of the main men on here that knows all there is to know ,Pmac might have some z bits left,depends wot you are after,so best thing to do is see wot other people have done to their zeds,get some idea's as to wot you want to do and cost it up,then have a plan,time doesn't matter cos we will all be dead one day anyway,moggy is right in wot he say's,enjoy spending your hard earned dosh it will be worth it if/when you get there

Onlyady

Active Forum User
Cheers it's booked in to the body shop to be done as a side job the suspension was more for the setup on arches and wheels but I guess that could be done after. I will get the membership stuff sorted over the weekend or once the car actually gets delivered. Parts I know I need is pretty much just a decent boot lid.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Adrian, is your car a 2 seater or 2+2 - the tail-gates and most other parts from the windscreen back are different so you will need to state that in any advert etc.

Onlyady

Active Forum User
That's a good piece but my quarters are all good as are the wings, bonnet, doors, floor (mostly) chassis rails and even the sills. I think the only panel that needs to be replaced is the tailgate.

Onlyady

Active Forum User
So its finally back home so the restoration/modification can start. I have paid membership but not recieved any confirmation should I have??

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
....I have paid membership but not recieved any confirmation should I have??.........

Yes, I'm just working through Friday's emails re membership - I've been away over the weekend. Will PM you a bit later. Thanks for the Membership Form too, not many people include that.

By the way, when you login it should show you as a Z Club Member as opposed to a Website Member.

Rob

Ian

Club Member
Welcome to the world of Z car ownership.

Pretty much all the info you could need is on here or on google with a search. No problem helping if you can't find something, I'm just suggesting that you have a look first, might be quicker than asking something that's already been asked.

It can also be good to look at build threads, you can get an idea what can be done and decide which setup suits you best.