Moto GP

Mr Ex

Inactive
Have you seen the first Moto GP today,it looks like being a very interesting season. I said after last season that Hayden didn't deserve to be world champ and today's race has proved me right.

Mr Ex said:
I said after last season that Hayden didn't deserve to be world champ and today's race has proved me right.

He did have the best of everything, Rossi/Burgess had done all the development for Honda, Hayden stepped on a near perfect bike and had the reliability too boot.

Rossi turned a poor performing Yamaha into a winning bike the first year, mind you they are going to have to up the power if the likes of Ducati are going to be beaten as there are to many tracks with huge straights.
15KPH slower down those straights is far too much to loose as Rossi demonstrated very well.

My prediction;
Rossi
Capirossi
Pedrosa
Hayden
Stoner.

Stoner is a fantasic rider, winning one race is not the be all and end all, staying on the bike and finishing a race on a regular basis is something he has never grasped.

Agree with both posts. Hayden is no way the natural racer that Rossi is.

Rossi has always been able to ride an inferior bike and get 110% out of it.

I think it will be another great season with several riders/bikes capable of winning races.

grolls said:
He did have the best of everything, Rossi/Burgess had done all the development for Honda, Hayden stepped on a near perfect bike and had the reliability too boot.

Rossi turned a poor performing Yamaha into a winning bike the first year, mind you they are going to have to up the power if the likes of Ducati are going to be beaten as there are to many tracks with huge straights.
15KPH slower down those straights is far too much to loose as Rossi demonstrated very well.

My prediction;
Rossi
Capirossi
Pedrosa
Hayden
Stoner.

Stoner is a fantasic rider, winning one race is not the be all and end all, staying on the bike and finishing a race on a regular basis is something he has never grasped.
My prediction is:
Rossi
Pedrosa
Stoner
Capirossi
A N Other
Hayden.
I havn't decided who A N Other is yet!:conf2:

Fair play to Hayden you don't win moto gp championship with out having something about you. He was Mr Reliable last season and had he not been taken out by danny he would of won by a race.
It will be a great season this year, I'm not a Rossi fan but concide he's the best but I think this year will be Danny's.

Awesome!

Just watched it. The bikes are starting to sound more like strokers lol. Love how fast the Ducati was and all on the control of a switch due to the new fuel limits. I bet Yamaha will do the same.

Rossi for the win, Hayden to finished 9th :)

i can see why people would say Hayden didnt deserve the title, especially as it ruined what would have been such a great story for Rossi last year. But at the end of the day he was solid and consistent, and had a great year for someone so young!

The weekends result is in no way indicitive as to whether he deserved the title. Ok, so he had a bad weekend and couldnt find a good setup - that happened to Rossi loads last year, and it sure doesnt make him a bad rider.

I think its gonna be a great year - especially with the Ducatis being so fast. Its gonna be interesting to see what Capirossi can do on that bike. If Stoners bike is anything to go by i think Capirossi will be able to push Rossi all the way.

I'd love to see Colin Edwards take a victory this year, and have a good season. And Chris Vermuelen is bound to be in the mix also.

Keefy said:
i can see why people would say Hayden didnt deserve the title, especially as it ruined what would have been such a great story for Rossi last year. But at the end of the day he was solid and consistent, and had a great year for someone so young!

The weekends result is in no way indicitive as to whether he deserved the title. Ok, so he had a bad weekend and couldnt find a good setup - that happened to Rossi loads last year, and it sure doesnt make him a bad rider.

I think its gonna be a great year - especially with the Ducatis being so fast. Its gonna be interesting to see what Capirossi can do on that bike. If Stoners bike is anything to go by i think Capirossi will be able to push Rossi all the way.

I'd love to see Colin Edwards take a victory this year, and have a good season. And Chris Vermuelen is bound to be in the mix also.

The point is when Rossi was on the Honda, he was totally dominant, Hayden or any other Honda riders since, has got near to that level of dominance.
I still believe the Yamaha is a vastly inferior bike to the Hondas, but he manages to get that much more out of it due to his incredible ability. Edwards is no slouch, but he can't match him for race pace!

Agree with your comments on Capirossi, would love to see Loris have a good season.

Mr Ex said:
My prediction is:
Rossi
Pedrosa
Stoner
Capirossi
A N Other
Hayden.
I havn't decided who A N Other is yet!:conf2:

What a WIN! and after just 2 races my prediction is starting to come true except there's no Capirossi but my 2 A N OTHERS are there (Edwards & Malandri):D

Don't forget Rossi had done all of the development work on the Honda with Gerry Burgess long before Hayden got it.

What will be the point of MotoGP when Rossi leaves? When Hodgson left WSB I stopped watching that... don't pay too much attention to BSB anymore either.

Russ said:
What will be the point of MotoGP when Rossi leaves? When Hodgson left WSB I stopped watching that... don't pay too much attention to BSB anymore either.
I still watch WSB, it's going to be an exciting season this year.

nickknox said:
shall we change the name of the club to the rossi fan club
Actually I'm a Yamaha fan and I havn't had much to cheer about for many a year untill Rossi jumped on it, in fact the last time a was anybodys fan was when "King Kenny" was winning in 78,79 & 80. 78 was his first season over here and he beat Sheene.
Oh and in case you are too young to remember he is Kenny Roberts dad who owns the bike he is now on.
But you've got to admit Rossi is a BRILLIANT rider.
How long have you been following the GPs?

Mr Ex said:
Actually I'm a Yamaha fan and I havn't had much to cheer about for many a year untill Rossi jumped on it, in fact the last time a was anybodys fan was when "King Kenny" was winning in 78,79 & 80. 78 ?

very true, but You forget how well the Cadbury Boost YZF's did with mcenzie aboard, oh nearly forgot, foggy on the island etc;)

Back