Japfest Silverstone April 7th 2024 - club stand booked

richiep

Club Member
Hi all,

I’ve gone ahead and booked a club stand for us at Japfest Silverstone 2024.

I’ve copied the info here. It would be great if we could build some momentum back up to put in a good showing at what is, after all, the biggest Japanese car event in Europe. I think it has tended to suffer due to relative proximity date-wise to the Samuri Gathering at Donington Historic, and while that event has served us extremely well as a club gathering, personally I’ve been increasingly underwhelmed with it beyond our stand (depends on if you are a classic racing devotee, and I think the Gold Cup at Oulton is better tbh). Japfest however is much more energetic and classic Zs and other retros get good attention. Anyway, I digress… details below, so make use of the early bird option before the end of this year.

I will be able to track who’s booked from the club and manage the stand. Any issues, let me know and/or contact the organisers directly.

Thank you for registering your club for Japfest 2024. To book club tickets for your club stand, please use the code below:

Club Name: The Z Club
Code: JF24-240

You can either use this code to book the tickets on behalf of your Club, or pass this code onto your Club Members to make their individual bookings themselves.

How to book your tickets:

1. Click here to reach the ticket page.
2. After entering your details, please select 'YES' to attend as a part of a club.
3. This will then prompt you to enter the code you were given above.
4. You can then proceed to book your club tickets and add ons as required.

Please ensure you select a display entry ticket if you or your members wish to display their car.

CLUB DEADLINE: Midnight on Monday 11th March 2024
Ticket Prices
The club ticket prices for 2024 are as follows:
Early Bird Club Driver Entry Ticket *includes FREE Meguiars cleaning kit* £20.00
Early Bird Club Passenger Entry Ticket: £20.00
Standard Club Driver Entry Ticket £25.00
Standard Club Passenger Entry Ticket £25.00
Adult Camping Ticket £12.00

Tickets include FREE Japfest Showguide.
Please select your Showguide while making your order.
Early Bird offer ends December 31st - so make the most of the deals today!

Graham Palmer

Club Member
Thanks for sorting this !

unfortunately....I'm going to be 'that one' ....I cannot see where it asks me to book a 'Club/Display' ticket....all I can see is an early bird passenger ticket option @£20.....what am I missing ?

thanks again...

richiep

Club Member
Thanks for sorting this !

unfortunately....I'm going to be 'that one' ....I cannot see where it asks me to book a 'Club/Display' ticket....all I can see is an early bird passenger ticket option @£20.....what am I missing ?

thanks again...
Once you've created an account (following from that link above), there's a "book here" button. After you've filled in your details, there is a yes/no option for attending with a club, and then a box for typing in the club code/password from above (JF24-240). You then get to where you can select your club tickets, the first option being "Early Bird Club Driver Entry & Vehicle Pass with FREE Meguiars Cleaning Kit" (£20)

There's also below that a section for club display vehicle details (make, model, reg), and then also optional camping tickets and tracktime bookings. Beyond that, its just the payment and confirmation screens, etc.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Apparently there was a technical issue and drivers were unable to get tickets but I think it has been sorted. Will find out later when I get mine.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'll be going to this one as well as Donny.
I was going to ask if there is an appetite for both events. Thanks for 'trashing' Donington Rich ;)

Tbh I did think the Club areas at Donington were poorly supported last year but as you know I like the racing and paddock.

I'm happy for this event to become our 'main' event if members want it.

richiep

Club Member
I was going to ask if there is an appetite for both events. Thanks for 'trashing' Donington Rich ;)

Tbh I did think the Club areas at Donington were poorly supported last year but as you know I like the racing and paddock.

I'm happy for this event to become our 'main' event if members want it.
Didn’t mean to trash Donny! It’s served us very well. And I’m biased towards the location being a Derby native originally. Like you, I think the club areas have been poorly supported and on a downward trend. I think our stand has been the highlight and tbh, the main reason so many attend. I find myself spending the whole time on the stand and can take or leave most of the racing, but that’s just me.

Japfest in comparison is probably more my thing and is a bit more “fun”, given its focus and demographics. The other bonus Japfest has is it’s a one day event; this allows for a concentration of numbers attending. Weekend events like Donington Historic end up inevitably with a really well attended Saturday and a lacklustre Sunday.

I will still do both events; I just believe we should be well represented at Japfest given what it is. A big stand there could be way more impactful than at other general/historic events.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I think one day events are great, you just have to be lucky with the weather. Perhaps Donington should be one day, Saturday?

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Good - no reason we can’t make a good showing at both. Donington may be more interesting to those who lean towards classic cars and racing, versus Japfest’s Jap scene cars, track time, and drifting.
I see, that's why you make an appearance at Combe 😁