hi im james

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
hi there,
my names james and ive recently purchased a yellow 1977 260z.
the car is mostly there and just need a few tweaks to get it running correctly but im keeping it standard and endeavor to drive it as much as i can.
looking through your wonderfull forum there are some amazing examples of work on these rare machines.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Hi James
Welcome to the forum and the club
Thank you for your inquiry about joining the club and would suggest the easiest way is to click on the Joining and renewal button at the end of the bar at the top of the page and all various option are in there
Hope That Helps

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Hi James

Welcome along, looking forward to seeing some photos of your car, they're great fun to drive, enjoy.

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Hi James - I have a 1978 260z and am in Cheshire so not too far away from you. I use my car every week and it has proved very reliable. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your car and if you want to get together sometime let me know!

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
thankyou for the warm welcome guys.
cheers steve burns i will do that asap.

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
Hi James - I have a 1978 260z and am in Cheshire so not too far away from you. I use my car every week and it has proved very reliable. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your car and if you want to get together sometime let me know!

will do riddler,
i havent seen another datsun on the road yet to date so look forward to meeting up with some like minded fellows such as yourself

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Well I am off every Friday. When you get the car running ok if you fancy a drive we could maybe meet somewhere half way for a pub lunch and a chat? Let me know. You can send me a private message when you are ready. Just click on my name and it brings up an option to send a message.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Jimbo,
Nice looking 2+2 :thumbs:
Myself and several other Zedders are on the Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, North Oxfordshire border areas, so give us a shout if you want to hook up.
I take my car out at least 2 or 3 times a week. Most of the meets are now wrapping up for winter but things still happen over the dark months :D

:driving:

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
cheers jake rah i look forward to it.
as you say i will probably be taking mine off the road for winter prep very soon but look forward to some zed action next year.
i just need to sort out some issues with the car then i should be good to go.
1st ive got to fit the lumition kit i bought from mike feeney to replace the points as its pretty useless as it is.
2nd i really need to get some disks and pads as i think one of the old ones are warped, i get wheel wobble under braking.
and i found out to my peril the other day driving home in the dark that the dipped beam doesnt work at all :eek:. just side lights and main beam. but thats down to the sealed units being duff both sides for dipped beam. i need to get some replacements but i would like H4 halogens if anyone knows where i could get some from?
but these are easy fixes i think.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
cheers jake rah i look forward to it.
as you say i will probably be taking mine off the road for winter prep very soon but look forward to some zed action next year.
i just need to sort out some issues with the car then i should be good to go.
1st ive got to fit the lumition kit i bought from mike feeney to replace the points as its pretty useless as it is.
2nd i really need to get some disks and pads as i think one of the old ones are warped, i get wheel wobble under braking.
and i found out to my peril the other day driving home in the dark that the dipped beam doesnt work at all :eek:. just side lights and main beam. but thats down to the sealed units being duff both sides for dipped beam. i need to get some replacements but i would like H4 halogens if anyone knows where i could get some from?
but these are easy fixes i think.

Have a chat with Mike Feeney again. He sorted me out with replacements for my Z headlights.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
James,

I had the same problem under braking and bought discs from Mr F (Brembo IIRC) which I never fitted before doing a conversion to more powerful brakes, happy to sell them on, PM me if you would like them.

H4 headlamps also on mine which are OK, have you considered a relay conversion for better light and saving the life of your light stalk? Remember all that current is going through the contacts when you turn the lights on!

All the best,
Ali