Hazard switch issue

Sean H

Forum User
Does anyone know someone in the U.K. that might be able to fix this hazard switch . It is off a 1970 240Z . I am struggling to find another and it is all complete but just will not work .

Attachments

• 61762D04-DD5D-41EE-82DC-6B0D0CC31637.jpeg
    61762D04-DD5D-41EE-82DC-6B0D0CC31637.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 18
I’ve not come across that particular switch before but I doubt, alike many of the type and era, that it is potted or inaccessible. I assume it will have tabs that can be bent back and the insulated cover removed to access the rockers and pins inside.

Once accessed it should just be a case of cleaning corroded contacts and lubricating. Perhaps a local clock repairer would take it on if you don’t fancy a go? Although finding anyone to work on anything these days is getting harder sadly.

I found this after typing "240Z hazard switch" into Google, does it need this part?

Last edited:
Are you sure it's faulty?

Also from memory they operate in the opposite way to what you might think i.e. the switch lever has to be lifted.

The hazard and indicator switches/relays are interlinked and work as a pair. I'll post a diagram later.

Are you sure it's faulty?

Also from memory they operate in the opposite way to what you might think i.e. the switch lever has to be lifted.

The hazard and indicator switches/relays are interlinked and work as a pair. I'll post a diagram later.
The diagram is in here

Back