Greetings and Salutations!

Lacey

Forum User
Thought I'd poke my head in since I know a couple of people who linger about these sorts of areas, mainly Steve Burns, and I've probably met more of you at Z009 and Z010 who's names I can't remember as my name-processing brain section fell out a long time ago.

Most of you who know me know me by name - Lacey, or as Firefly, or FireflyPoi, and those who don't now do! (poor attempt at humor)

For those who don't know who I am, I'm the main techy admin and co-founder of JapGirls (the reformed JapGirls, that is), so some of you may know me indirectly because of this.

If you know me, you also likely know that I drive a lovely little Honda Civic, but that's not why I joined up here. I joined here because I'm currently in the process of buying a delicious little L24 powered gem from the past, and thought that despite it not being a true Zed, it might be welcomed as a deformed little mutant creature that gets hidden in the closet. :)

So, that's my hello, albeit a poor one. XD

Edit:

More people I know here already, who I moronically forgot were here, are Yaz, Aceman and Andy, and Croeso.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
Hello stranger!

So go on then, do tell.. What you buying??

And does it mean no more Civic?

Lacey

Forum User
I'm looking at a Laurel, with an L24E I6 - which from what I've been able to tell is very much the same as whats in the n/a 240z.

And yes, means the Civic will be getting sold probably in the next week or so if all goes well. :)

Lacey

Forum User
This one :)

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
Ah, so an 87/88!

RWD I guess knowing you? (I don't know much about these cars at all..)

Lacey

Forum User
Yes indeed, an '87 Laurel, and yes RWD also! This is the sort of thing I've been hunting after for ages now, an old fashioned sluggishly-slow-looking boxy 80's Jap car, that's RWD, and has good potential. This fits all of the criteria. :)

Plus the fact as far as I know the L24 has quite a good power potential by itself, which is the reason I joined here, to get advice from 240 owners who have done performance modifications to their own L24's, but that can all come a bit later, I havn't even picked it up yet!

IMG_0406.jpg

Lacey

Forum User
Thanks muchly, and will do!! Paint work on it apparently isn't fantastic but its not too bad, though theres obviously a bit of rust, it is 23 now, so when I get it home, apart from a good clean, it'll probably be a "which colour" scenario, toying between gloss white with black trims or, just for plain laziness and typical gangster shed-stereotyping, spraying the whole thing matte black and spraying the plastic parts white for a bit of contrast.

I like the colour it is, but having it professionally resprayed that same colour, and matched, will be a massive wad of cash I don't have. :/

Lacey

Forum User
zcarz - Yeah, When I pick it up I've got the option of having the banded steelies with it for an extra bit of money, but can take it with normal alloys for less, I plan on going whichever has better tyres all round.

Throttleton - That's the plan! I like the engine that's in it currently, and as long as the performance of it can be worked on without spending a fortune on specialty parts it's staying right where it is, I like the idea of the pokey 2.4 straight 6, but I'm also looking at other more powerful ones, like for instance one model of the Laurel came with (so have space for) a VG30DETT. So yes indeed, I'm going with the whole subtle 'supershed' type thing, should turn a few heads making noise!

Steve - Hiya Steve! God it's been ages, last time I saw you was Z010! I don't think you came to Elvetham did you? I remember Croeso, Wozzer, and a few other people being there though, unless I missed you? Though I don't think I;d miss spotting your beauty of a turbo anywhere! Plan is to have everything sorted, have things like the interior cleaned up, have the engine bay cleaned up, try and get the engine looking a little more respectable all in time to bring it and give it it's first day out at Z011, should catch a few eyes for at least being weird!

Lacey

Forum User
Goes not too badly thanks! How about your awesome self? :)

And cool! Been ages since I've seen most of you lot, will have to catch up hopefully at Z011 if everybodies going again this year! :)

Lacey

Forum User
Quick update:

There's somebody going to view the car tomorrow who's interested in it, so cross your fingers for me that they don't show up or don't want it <3

Lacey

Forum User
Thanks! Me too! I love it already! :D

I sent him a new message a minute or so ago saying that if he's let down by the guy tomorrow I'm happy to send a deposit to secure the sale - should show him I'm actually serious about wanting it, and not wanting to just go up to ummm and errrr about whether or not I feel like buying it.

Lacey

Forum User
Thanks! Will be finding out later today whether the prospectful buyer viewing it today wanted it or not - fingers crossed that they don't even show up! :D

Another thing I'm looking at as a backup incase the Laurel does get sold (knock on wood) is a Silvia S12 ZX (or at least thats what it says it is), 1.8l turbo, rwd hatchy thing, looks quite nice!

1939734-1.jpg

So either way I might end up with something related to a zed in some way, shape or form! Fingers crossed for the laurel though, they're so hard to find in manual!