curious

bigblock

Well-Known Forum User
I think im becoming a lurker on hybrid bit.Anybody know of anyone sticking1991/1997 volvo 960 3litre straight six standard 200hp 200ft in any z,i got an easy na 240hp 208ft out of wifes stripped out brick estate [parts fetcher]just by replacing extremely restrictive exhaust system and downpipes[,centre box and really bad flowing 3pass rear box] and self fabbed intake ram pipe and modded ammand throttle body,engine was originally designed by porsche from what i remember.I could bore you more.Pic isnt her engine but same 6.

Attachments

• motorrum1.jpg
    motorrum1.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 35

bigblock

Well-Known Forum User
inciner8tor

A bit off topic/not z related and maybe old news,but 8 turbos is quite an interesting engineering exercise,only made about 750hp but thats not the point.

Attachments

• turbocovers.jpg
    turbocovers.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 27
  • carlisle.jpg
    carlisle.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 14

tel240z

Club Member
Blimey your on it BigBlock, not doing the volvo 6 pot but gathering bits for the m3 s54 conversion at the mo, 340 hp stock, now let me chop them cats of and see what that brings lol

bigblock

Well-Known Forum User
nice motor good torque, why does vanos spring to mind:)or [e46 m3 csl] with better cams.Any time frame you working to or is it as and when?Im a big fan of any engine that gives the goods reliably and na but thats me.On another footing some of the newer volvo 6s, the s80 i think are running twin turbos oem not great power,and theres a guy running a 500/600hp yellow estate in uk but imagine not reliable.

tel240z

Club Member

do yo mean this :) allready started, well the brainwork anyway, going to spend the next 8 months working things out probably going to do a test fit in an old rusty front end i got like clutch brakes and ecu set up and at the same time still using my l28 powerd car for fun

bigblock

Well-Known Forum User
Hope it comes to fruition,ecus and wotnot give me too much of a headache,hats off to those who mess with em,i had to be dragged kicking and screaming into that world,but made meself learn after fixing some modern cars,that so called experts effed up.