Buying Guide | The Z Club of Great Britain

Buying Guide

Discussion in 'S30 (240Z,260Z,280Z) General' started by Rob Gaskin, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Membership Secretary

A Guide to the development of the 240Z/260Z and what you need to know before viewing/buying one:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  2. Paul_S

Z Club Member

Great guide. Thanks Rob!
  3. smileyinside

4. franky

franky Active Forum User

Who is John Newlyn?
  5. chrisvega

Z Club Member

Z Register honcho.......... or is this question another one of your tongue in cheek japes :D
  6. smileyinside

Regardless, is he the Z Reg Albrecht? Did I just commit a sin in that sentence and need to go meditate on mount Fiji to cleanse my spirit?
  7. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Membership Secretary

They contacted me actually and I suggested they try the Z Register. I wasn't happy with the 'press' after my Classic Car Weekly experience. Also they want you to do all the work and they get paid!

I suggested in this day and age the best advice for anyone wanting to buy a car is to join a club, learn from members and then discuss specific cars for sale.

Books are great for reference and history/development of a car but if you are thinking of buying a car you need to see it, take someone with you who knows them from experience and drive it if poss.

I actually said that you wouldn't find a wife from reading about women in a book.

Perhaps I was a bit strong.
  8. smileyinside

ROFLMAO - utterly brilliant Rob! I tried that for years!!!!

On a more serious note though, the classic and sports car thing left me feeling a little less enthusiastic too. Despite all the fan fare and promises before the photoshoot, when I asked for 6 copies of the magazine for my time, I was told to go buy them. But I didn give up and they did eventually concede. I never heard about paying my expenses either.

I do feel they are a little too self absorbed and forget the fact that people put personal time in; if nothing else a symbolic gesture keeps them supporting the magazines.
  9. franky

franky Active Forum User

This time, its not! I thought we had the marque expert?

As a side note, whats the classic Z register like? Is it a magazine based club?
  10. smileyinside

From what little I know, I think they are more into the purity / originality of S30s and less into the mods etc. I only know of them though their FB presence.

But here's a good read ...