Anyone heard of this?

oz-ting

Well-Known Forum User
I went to pick up yet another part for my 240z refurb the other day and in the exchange I got chatting about this site and for one thing how useful it is and some of the projects. Then this guy was telling me that he had heard someone talking about putting an Audi V8 (alloy engine) in their 240z. I loved the idea as I am an audi driver and the engines are pretty good performers, especially for instance if you got an S8 doner for example. So has anyone heard of this or is it perhaps the one that got away? Also another one that came up was fitting motor bike carbs in series onto a z. In theory giving each cylinder a carb each like a ferrari for example. I thought both were possible but so is space flight. Any thoughts on either! :conf2:

Wyn

Club Member
Like you say, anything is possible
All you need is the right car to start with :D

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Also another one that came up was fitting motor bike carbs in series onto a z

This has most certainly been done.....wouldnt like to balance it though:unsure:
Would much prefer individual throttle bodies.

oz-ting

Well-Known Forum User
The bike carb thing, yer I agree seens like alot of work and at the end of the day balancing would be a mare. The audi V8 that seems like a perfect engine light, high spec, big Bhp. Only question is will it fit?

Mr Ex

Inactive
oz-ting said:
The bike carb thing, yer I agree seens like alot of work and at the end of the day balancing would be a mare. The audi V8 that seems like a perfect engine light, high spec, big Bhp. Only question is will it fit?

Only one way to find out get yer tape measure out.

oz-ting

Well-Known Forum User
Nissan make alloys v8s as well!

I never thought but they dont use them for the UK market do they?

Wyn

Club Member
oz-ting said:
Nissan make alloys v8s as well!

I never thought but they dont use them for the UK market do they?

Like?
We only got the V6 or straight 6 as far as I know :unsure:
Can't think of a Nissan V8 over here in the UK :conf2:

shmooauto

New Forum User
Hello,

Well I've got an S8 and I was looking at the ZVR the other week??? Maybe I'm halfway there and didn't know it??!!

Ed

Wyn

Club Member
shmooauto said:
Hello,

Well I've got an S8 and I was looking at the ZVR the other week??? Maybe I'm halfway there??!!

Ed

Hi m8y
So you've a V4 then ?
innocent.gif
eek.gif

shmooauto

New Forum User
Very good!!

I have a soft spot for V8's. I have been trying to get down and look at Tom's (your old) car. I have a series 1 928 manual and my S8. God knows what that would be like in a 240 shell??? I agree I doubt it'd fit in the space, but if it did, what the hell, go the whole hog and plumb in a Bi Turbo RS6 unit and the Quattro system!! lol!

Ed

oz-ting

Well-Known Forum User
Now were talking!!
I have an S6 which is the old engine the one that was in the rally winning quattro. its chipped and runs at 270bhp. I have looked at the Audi V8 but as far as getting it into a 240z this might be a bridge to far. The 20v 2.2 turbo can still be tuned further and is quite a small unit and is a very smooth unit. Book is 145mph and 5.6 sec's 0-60, not bad for a heavy estate. I think it would be beyond my capability to do the job though espec ially turning it into a 4 wheel drive. but what a car. certainly would surprise the odd TT driver as it left them for dust.