Anyone for original bumpers!?

Farmer42

Club Member
£500??

When I looked at the ad he wanted £2k and at anybody's price that is way too much. The Group Harrington bumpers are great for the price even though they are not chrome, they are new and come without damage.

Given some of the imperfections he has listed, he would be better looking for considerably less.

Paul

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
IMO they look reasonable on the pics (beware though) and £500 is not outrageous these days. Also if you want over-riders then they are even better.

Edit: Wow - yeh just looked again and they are £2k, ridiculous!

Last edited by a moderator:

jaydeescuba

Well-Known Forum User
The z store, Orange, although the shipping on the front is ridiculous. There's also a company ooop noooorth called FRP that do something different that's even cheaper

Jdscuba

jaydeescuba

Well-Known Forum User
That's the one. Not seen any first hand but planning a visit to, soon.
Also, just received the rear chrome $349 one from The Z Store. ....fantastic looking piece, lovely bit of chrome and quick turnaround
uploadfromtaptalk1427462452569.jpg

jaydeescuba

Well-Known Forum User
It was part of an order Richie, if you call and speak to James, I don't think it's huge on its own. The front is the expensive one to ship $500+

richiep

Club Member
I only really need the centre bar (to replace the UK spec one which is incorrect for my car), but I see they only do the 3-piece set at the moment. Oh well - when I get around to it, at least that means I'll have a full rechromed UK bumper to sell off and recoup the purchase cost!

richiep

Club Member
Are you going to drill it for the rubber corner strips or leave it plain?

(Plain looks cool actually - very S30-S Fairlady Z-ish).

Farmer42

Club Member
The z store, Orange, although the shipping on the front is ridiculous. There's also a company ooop noooorth called FRP that do something different that's even cheaper

Jdscuba

I may be wrong but it looks like these are Fibreglass bumpers not the chrome metal ones. Mike at MJP does something similar with a one-piece bumper & valence. Ok if you want something lighter for racing / track etc. but give me metal any day!

I had a look at the US imports when I was looking for mine but the shipping costs for both front and rear were almost the cost of the bumpers then you have to add the megabucks tax that HMRC want to charge. It may be ok for just the rear but I really needed the front. Harringtons were all-in costs which swayed it for me even though they were stainless steel not chrome. They still look good though.