Any Guitar players?

A bit difficult on a sloping stage! but yes......that's a rhythm guitar method
which was originally inspired by the skiffle board thing.............DJZ 60.:cool:
(reminds me,of when as a 'kid' I used to boil guitar strings in order to get them
sounding 'fresh'.Now I buy ten sets at a time........DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

LMAO,

Dick Dale, legend

d-dale3.jpg

can't make out who he look's like.........?

Hang on! that's STATUS........The ROCK star...unless I am mistaken?or is it
Qunvat, It just can't be Mr.F can it,can it?????? DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

Sorry Status, just for a moment i thought he was a younger/thinner version of you, i should have known better because he has more hair!...lmao:devil:

In response to the video, Mr Big used to do a similar thing on stage with cordless drills.

They were crap too :p

anyone remember the song mr big,one big f;;;koff bass solo,took me nearly a day to get that note for note,then the band dropped it

I remember the song status, it was on the "Free Live" album. We used to play it in my first band, but the bass player could never be bothered to tune up... he became a buildings inspector.
Re the video didn't Eddie Van Halen do it with a drill as well.

Peach said:
In response to the video, Mr Big used to do a similar thing on stage with cordless drills.

They were crap too :p
Re the video didn't Eddie Van Halen do it with a drill as well.

Mr Big song was Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy (The electric drill song) and both Paul and Billy Sheehan (bass) were sponsored to use Makita cordless drills - I have gigged onstage with Paul Gilbert at Ronnie Scott's - photos are funny :D The drills had plectrums on the end and they actually picked the strings.

Eddie Van Halen used a drill but held it over the pickups to get the sound rather than pick the strings.

Back