Another nice US car on BaT

First time I have observed the use of screws to hold down the plastics in the hatch area.

Very nice Zed which will bring good money on BAT once again.

The door mirrors, the black wiper blades, the price, the horrible steering-wheel grippy-'tape', the lardy handling, 4spd and long diff and the price.:D

The price (twice) are you saying it's too cheap atm?

My 'original' car has a leather stitched steering wheel glove which I think has been on it for about 40 years. It feels good (better than the standard wheel) and part of the patina.

The price (twice) are you saying it's too cheap atm?

My 'original' car has a leather stitched steering wheel glove which I think has been on it for about 40 years. It feels good (better than the standard wheel) and part of the patina.

For the price - nope, I'd just wish it was cheaper and I could therefore afford it:eek:.

IMHO, if you have an OEM wooden wheel - show it off, otherwise, get a leather-covered wheel.

For the price - nope, I'd just wish it was cheaper and I could therefore afford it:eek:.

IMHO, if you have an OEM wooden wheel - show it off, otherwise, get a leather-covered wheel.

I just like the fact that the original owner fitted it and used it. Mind you I took the rear foglamps off and removed the rubbish radio.

The thing is Sean they are not wood - I'd rather hold leather than plastic. Anyway if it was real wood why is wood good in a 70s car. It's ok in a veteran/vintage car where wood was used in it's construction but wood is just trying to make something look older than it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just like the fact that the original owner fitted it and used it. Mind you I took the rear foglamps off and removed the rubbish radio.

The thing is Sean they are not wood - I'd rather hold leather than plastic.

Yuk - 40 yrs of somebody else's grease.....

Been through this discussion before Rob - I consider that they are wood.....so do many others but it's also the look that counts.;)

Real something (whatever it is) or fake....each to their own choice but I'd rather have a real Z looking Z than a ZGTO - that's my point.

Back