350 is fat!

Nidge74

New Forum User
I think I read about this in one of the Magzines that Michelle sent to me.

Looked like a good day out for you guys, even though you didn't really want to do it because you think JC is an Ar*e. hehe

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Yes JC staged the 350z (which belonged to JohnH) & drove it slow
purposely to prove his previous claim that nissan's & Datsun's were not
any good! His angle was:

If a 70's car ( Tony 260Z) can keep up with a latest 350Z than,
Nissan's latest can't be all that good.

But in reality, it was Gio 300zx TT who flew on the track at the
Enstone airfield (near Oxford).

He had,previously said: That the new 350Z was crap! & had to 'eat' his
own words when the critics glorified the 350Z & praised its coming.
JC did this 'SET UP' to console himself from looking an idiot in the
eyes of the motoring media. DJZ 60.:)

Gio

Well-Known Forum User
http://www.beyondsl.net/zed.htm

DJZ 60 said:
Yes JC staged the 350z (which belonged to JohnH) & drove it slow purposely

ooooh no that's a terrible thing to say. JC never loses deliberately (as anyone who groans at the set-ups on Top Gear already knows). Ask John. And there were two takes and he lost both times.

The non-story is how a twin turbo ended up faster than a n/a (if it hadn't, I would have died of shame). The true story is the astonishing performance of several other much older Zeds in particular Tony's. What a shame it didn't stuff JC but it was so close I think that's a moral victory anyway.

(PS and I had a boost leek and a finilec'ed rear tyre and it was fresh from a plenum-off knock sensor refurb by a complete git but that's another story. Still it all goes to show that silver Zeds are the fastest hehehe).

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Jezza knew exactly what his target achievement aim was,& one
take or twenty the end result (what they showed)would have remained the same! He was there to prove his point! Why did'nt
he drive your car on the 2nd take??? because he was 'after'the
350Z!
As a person,I thought he & his crew were fine.....atleast,
he did'nt smash up john-H's motor.:D DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Well, as the "photofinish car" driver *takes a bow* I have to say I enjoyed every second. To be honest, I thrashed every ounce of go out of my 260 that day but I don't really think that JC didn't know exactly what he was doing :)

Much as I'd like to think I nearly got him, I'm sure he was watching me out of the corner of his beady eye and he made the 350 move exactly how he wanted it to!

So, errrr, sorry to all the 350 owners out there, and YEAH BABY!!!! to all the 240 and 260 fans :)

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Jezza was'nt the only one 'gobsmacked' by your 260Z All of us
were impressed by your Driving,your car's performance & the
photo finish preview we got on site.....Long live Tony!:bow:

& That on factory 240 SU's.......... DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Dunno about my driving DJZ, it was only in a straight line after all, but the old girl did me proud and even though WE all know that Jezza fixed it just think about all the folks who saw the vid and thought that old Datsuns were quick :)