3000hrs ?

I'm sure it's a lovely car.

Personally I find the mix of satin black, stainless steel and chrome a bit messy.

Big valves - so what size would they be then? I fitted L28 valves to my 240Z, are even bigger valves necessary?

3000 hrs is 75 weeks for one person non-stop for 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week, no holiday.

It's very easy to just make up numbers. Although it looks very nice, it's still a left hooker with a limited market in this country. 37 grand with painted Bumbers?

3000 hours ?
Somehow I don't think so.

Labour costs £ 40 hour x 3000 = £ 120,000
Labour costs £ 60 hour x 3000 = £ 180,000

Of course that is then plus parts :lol:

So, another one that'll still be up for sale in 6-9 months time.

And another dealer floating a price out of line with the "real" market for LHD in this country.

I'm with you Rob on the chrome/satin black mix. Satin black metal bumpers usually scream fudge IMO. Sprayed up instead of the more expensive re-chroming.

The wheels are painted Wolfrace too, which I haven't seen done before.

I know we are picky but I wonder what the diff ratio is?

It's a lovely car but £25k tops in the UK IMO.

Have you seen the other cars and bikes on their site - a lot of expensive stock there.

I like this car. Love the colour and also like the black stickers, wheels, and bumpers. The polished stainless around the windows looks great on the zed and I think it still works when you have other items blacked out. This is all a personal thing though and what one person likes another may not. From the small style photos that carandclassic give you, you cant really tell the quality of the restoration but it does look good from what I can tell. With regard to price, it may appear expensive to those that don't prefer LHD car's but to the rest of Europe it would be desirable.

Not at all a fan of black wheels on any car (at a glance look like the hub caps have fallen off or the body has bellyflopped into the tarmac). I suppose a matter of personal taste (or lack of).

I always understood that the joy of the 240z was its relatively small short stroke higher-revving engine. Isn't that quality sort of killed by installing later and larger engines? When is a 240z not a 240z?

If that was a RHD it would still struggle to get 25k,for that money I would expect the bonnet and door to line up,should've spent a few more hours getting it right.Shoud've gone to spec savers,all these Zeds still for sale even a sensibly priced RHD on eBay still for sale last time I looked,tells me one of two things,no market for em or over priced,

Had a similar car for sale here - I like the colours and the stickers but not the painted Wolfies !
Rob - Hubert's red 240Z has black-painted Wolfies.

Attachments

• DSCF7142.JPG
    DSCF7142.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF7140.JPG
    DSCF7140.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3423.JPG
    IMG_3423.JPG
    558.6 KB · Views: 21
personally i like the car and its black wheels,/stripes bumpers etc i also like the green colour,i think the stainless trim parts would have to be painted black also to match, but apart from that its great,3000 hrs and beyond is totally possible for the home diy er,but not viable for a garage

I took five years to rebuild a car from a total heap to concours (or just about) - but it was nowhere near 3000 hours. And I am pretty slow doing these things.

Back